My biggest ask for next version of the suite

KT Walrus

I'm asking that version 5 have as much support for both desktop and mobile PWAs. The lack of native apps for my website is a real impediment to user growth and PWA technology will probably be fully supported on all platforms by the time version 5 ships.

I hope this is a very high priority at IPS for version 5.

Here are some Google links about PWAs:

Overview

Desktop PWAs

Progressive Web App Checklist

IPS is already making headway in the direction of PWA and supporting data for manifests.  This is on top of the native responsiveness, which means our communities will continue to do well on mobile.  

I feel confident in saying that IPS will continue to embrace mobility as a key trend.  

18 hours ago, Joel R said:

I feel confident in saying that IPS will continue to embrace mobility as a key trend.  

Don't forget about Desktop PWA support as well. Really want my users to only use the PWA app in the future after downloading the app from their first visit to my site.

And, the UI should make the experience as good as the underlying platform support can make it. I want my users to think my site is an app and not just a bookmark in their browser. Bookmarks can quickly get forgotten and it isn't that great for long term engagement. An app with SMS notifications is hard to forget about unless they explicitly delete the app or block the notifications.

Archived