4.4.1 Security Fix? Is it for 4.4 only?

Maksim

So just went to my community and saw the dreaded red banner that I must upgrade.  There was a security fix in 4.4.1....

BUT... it does not say if it is a fix for 4.4 or prior versions that need this fix too.

If it is a fix for all the versions, I get it... but if only 4.4 and we are still on 4.3.x.... get rid of banner. 😃  

You can run the support tool to see if you need any patches specifically for 4.3.6.  There was an important security update for Commerce.  

The banner will show to all clients on any version of 4.x, since the hope is that you'll update to the latest version anyways.  

1 hour ago, Joel R said:

You can run the support tool to see if you need any patches specifically for 4.3.6.  There was an important security update for Commerce.  

The banner will show to all clients on any version of 4.x, since the hope is that you'll update to the latest version anyways.  

Correct, I see there is an important security update for Commerce, which I have... BUT where do we know if it is for Commerce for 4.4 or Commerce for any version including 4.3.6 which I am on.

9 minutes ago, Maksim said:

Correct, I see there is an important security update for Commerce, which I have... BUT where do we know if it is for Commerce for 4.4 or Commerce for any version including 4.3.6 which I am on.

See this topic - 

5 minutes ago, Black Tiger said:

Like to know that too. I'm also administering for a friend who's self-hosted and want to stay with 4.3.6 for a while.

I'm only seeing there upgrade to 4.4.1 and no option to stay on 4.3.6 and apply a security patch.

Did you see the topic? Answer is in that topic. Do clear cache from ACP and then you will get 4.3.6 patch.

image.thumb.png.60b81b19e3c887244003c52a7c6bdfa3.png

Well.. done that. Does not show new patch for 4.3.6 in the support part neither in the main Dashboard. Keep saying 4.4.1.

However, we have modified source files for commerce. Reason for this is a bugfix made by Tier 2 support. I don't know if that can have anything to do with it.

I don't know either if the security fix also contains this bugfix either.

• 2 weeks later...

Yes, the only recent out-of-band security improvement was the patch for Commerce.

Unfortunately if you're on 4.3.x, 4.4.x will be tagged as a security update (since 4.4.1 had the patch) and it will show as red instead of blue in your AdminCP. There isn't a way to get rid of it, but naturally you can ignore it if you wish.

Archived