Unable to Post, PM After 4.4.1 Update!

1 minute ago, Luuuk said:

Then check this topic. The text is in Polish, but the temporary solution is in the post #12. If you need any help with the translation, just ask.

I might, since I don't speak Polish at all. I know, prior to updating to 4.4.0 and 4.4.1 that my ability to use CKeditor was a bit off, so I'm wondering if that is an issue? Because I can't even go in and edit my Toolbar in my ACP.

Edited by MNOfficial

1. Go to ACP > Themes > Edit HTML and CSS > Templates > Global template >add the code:

<link rel="stylesheet" type="text/css" href="//YOUR URL/applications/core/interface/ckeditor/ckeditor/skins/ips/editor_gecko.css?t=I25E">

[Replace "YOUR URL" with a url to your forum without http(s) prefix.]

... in one of the following places :

{template="includeCSS" app="core" group="global" location="global" params=""} HERE

(..)
OR HERE
	</head>

2. Next clear all caches.

1 minute ago, Luuuk said:

1. Go to ACP > Themes > Edit HTML and CSS > Templates > Global template >add the code:

<link rel="stylesheet" type="text/css" href="//YOUR URL/applications/core/interface/ckeditor/ckeditor/skins/ips/editor_gecko.css?t=I25E">

[Replace "YOUR URL" with a url to your forum without http(s) prefix.]

... in one of the following places :

{template="includeCSS" app="core" group="global" location="global" params=""} HERE

(..)
OR HERE
	</head>

2. Next clear all caches.

Do I do this for all themes, or?

Just now, Luuuk said:

Just try this on one selected theme first to check if the modification works. Also, as noted earlier, that is considered a temporary solution. You still have a ticket ongoing.

I just tried, and it [unfortunately] did not work.

Search for 'toolbars' in your ACP and select '[System] Editor Customization' from the results. From that editor customization page, click the 'Restore Default Configuration' button to reset your editor toolbar back to default.

2 minutes ago, crmarks said:

Search for 'toolbars' in your ACP and select '[System] Editor Customization' from the results. From that editor customization page, click the 'Restore Default Configuration' button to reset your editor toolbar back to default.

Even doing that did not fix the issue. This is what it shows for my toolbar editor:

spacer.png

To me, it seems like in updating to 4.4 it did something to my editor.

Revert the change in globalTemplate and wait for your ticket to be processed:

4 hours ago, opentype said:

There is very little we can do here in the peer to peer section – unless you post a link where guests could try this out. IPS support is the best route, since they can investigate it directly on your site. 

4 hours ago, MNOfficial said:

I cleared my browser cache (which I'd never done before), however, cannot find my support tool one.

Just to make sure, did you run Support > Something isn't working correctly  > Continue?

• 2 years later...
On 3/11/2019 at 6:18 AM, MNOfficial said:

Special thanks to you all, and a very special thanks to @Pete T and @The Heff for their help behind-the-scenes. I have targeted the missing issue, and, as of right now, posting is re-enabled on my end. Am hoping my co-admin has the same result when the next log on!

Please share the solution, we are experiencing the same now.

On 4/2/2021 at 11:12 AM, Gauravk said:

Please share the solution, we are experiencing the same now.

After the update, there was a missing piece of the files from 4.4.1, so I would recommend downloading the update manually and going through on the back end to see what's missing, and install that missing piece!