📧 Block Disposable E-mails

• 1 month later...
  • 2 months later...

@Makoto I think I found an issue when using Bulk Mail member filters.

When I'm setting the Member Filters for bulk mail and have Indisposable = YES and Content Count = More than 1+ I get the error below.

SELECT DISTINCT COUNT(DISTINCT core_members.member_id) FROM `ipscore_members` AS `core_members`  LEFT JOIN `ipsindisposable_members` AS `indisposable_members` ON core_members.member_id=indisposable_members.member_id WHERE core_members.allow_admin_mails=1 AND core_members.temp_ban=0 AND core_members.email!='' AND ( ! (`members_bitoptions` & 1 ) != 0 ) AND member_posts>? AND 2 AND ( member_group_id IN(4) OR FIND_IN_SET(4,mgroup_others) ) AND core_members.name <> '' AND indisposable_members.member_id IS NULL
IPS\Db\Exception: No data supplied for parameters in prepared statement (2031)
#0 /home/nginx/domains/xxx.com/public/system/Db/Select.php(373): IPS\_Db->preparedQuery('/*IPS\\core\\modu...', Array, true)
#1 /home/nginx/domains/xxx.com/public/system/Db/Select.php(436): IPS\Db\_Select->runQuery()
#2 /home/nginx/domains/xxx.com/public/system/Db/Select.php(355): IPS\Db\_Select->rewind()
#3 /home/nginx/domains/xxx.com/public/applications/core/modules/admin/bulkmail/bulkmail.php(253): IPS\Db\_Select->first()
#4 /home/nginx/domains/xxx.com/public/system/Dispatcher/Controller.php(85): IPS\core\modules\admin\bulkmail\_bulkmail->preview()
#5 /home/nginx/domains/xxx.com/public/applications/core/modules/admin/bulkmail/bulkmail.php(40): IPS\Dispatcher\_Controller->execute()
#6 /home/nginx/domains/xxx.com/public/system/Dispatcher/Dispatcher.php(152): IPS\core\modules\admin\bulkmail\_bulkmail->execute()
#7 /home/nginx/domains/xxx.com/public/admin/index.php(14): IPS\_Dispatcher->run()
#8 {main}

55 minutes ago, newbie LAC said:

It's a core bug.

Submit a ticket.

The author of the application would need to report that as a bug, within the relevant areas for this. Assistance with 3rd party related issues are outside the scope of support unfortunately.

45 minutes ago, Bluto said:

The author of the application would need to report that as a bug, within the relevant areas for this. Assistance with 3rd party related issues are outside the scope of support unfortunately.

I'm not author.

They can reproduce a bug without any 3rd party apps

I've submit ticket

Edited by newbie LAC
7 minutes ago, newbie LAC said:

I opened the support ticket and that's what @Marc Stridgen replied.  Maybe you should open the ticket if it's a core issue - they might look at it vs. me opening up a ticket.

This wasn't a major issue for me, I just reported it here because I thought it had to do with this app.

Edited by Bluto
2 hours ago, newbie LAC said:

I'm not author.

I've submit ticket

2 hours ago, Bluto said:

I opened the support ticket and that's what @Marc Stridgen replied.  Maybe you should open the ticket if it's a core issue - they might look at it vs. me opening up a ticket.

This wasn't a major issue for me, I just reported it here because I thought it had to do with this app.

A new guideline appears to be in use: https://invisioncommunity.com/forums/topic/452819-tryng-to-submit-bug-reports-but-its-hard/

It's a core bug, ok but if it involves a 3rd-party resource, you should post in GATEWAY forum. 🙄

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
9 hours ago, Teddy Rogers said:

Is it possible to add a feature to import a list of disposable email domains from an external link - or even manually? Maybe even with the ability to for it to automatically update like every 24 hours?

https://raw.githubusercontent.com/andreis/disposable-email-domains/master/domains.txt

Ted.

I believe every URL in there should already be flagged as disposable in the application - it queries domains remotely to check if they are disposable and then caches the result for a short while at the moment. This ensures that it always remains up to date, without needing to manually import a database of URL's from various external sources.

There have been a couple of disposable domains passing through that I have found on other aggregated lists and at validator.pizza. Two examples were:

anggraas.club
royalweb.email

Not sure if they are now listed on Kickbox as I do not know of a way to manually check. I manually added them to the "Non-Registrable Email Address" ban list in the Community Suite.

This was one of the reasons why I wanted to be able to add and parse custom lists.

Another feature that I thought may be good to add would be to check all the domains manually added to the ban list and report if they are now duplicates with Kickbox? Then have the ability to remove them from the manually added "Non-Registrable Email Address" ban list.

*@anggraas.club

Ted.

• 1 month later...

@Makoto I believe there is an issue with Group Promotions when you select "Member has disposable e-mail?" and "Any" in the Group Promotion settings. 

I've been trying to do a promotion from an inactive group to member group for people who haven't be online in awhile, but it doesn't work when set to "Any".  Only when I set it to "No" does it work.

Edited by Bluto
  • 5 months later...
  • 1 month later...
45 minutes ago, Zhana said:

Hi @Makoto I just bought this app, tried to register with a temp mail "xglultjmivbupbhgyh@awdrt.com" and I was able to, could you please add this domain in the blacklist.

Thank you.

"Trying to keep up and block these manually is not practical. That’s where Indisposable comes in.

Indisposable uses Kickbox’s industry leading e-mail validation services to instantly identify and reject disposable e-mail addresses, requiring no additional work on your end."

2 minutes ago, Zhana said:

Not sure what you mean by quoting that, anyways I contacted kickbox, let's see if they block it.

If you read the marketplace description which includes what I quoted, you wouldn't be asking, "could you please add this domain in the blacklist." 

Actually you can do it yourself in the ban settings (where you ban ips, email address, etc) by adding domain *@mydomainname.com

Hey @Zhana!

Sorry for the inconvenience! Looks like this domain hasn't been added to the database yet but it should be added soon.

You can also manually blacklist any domains that are an immediate problem as Bluto mentioned, though it shouldn't take long for these domain aliases to be flagged and added.

If you have the application configured to force existing members with disposable e-mails to update their accounts, it will still be able to flag them once the domain is added to the blacklist.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...

@Makoto

@newbie LAC and me found out a bug with this app.

When this app is enabled, usergroup promotion rules stop working.

The bug is here:

[indisposable_MemberFilter] => Array
(
	[indisposable_mf_filter] => any
)

/applications/indisposable/extensions/core/MemberFilter/MemberFilter.php

public function matches( \IPS\Member $member, $filters, $object=NULL )
    {
        if ( !empty( $filters['indisposable_mf_filter'] ) and ( $filters['indisposable_mf_filter'] === 'active' ) )
        {
            return $member->isDisposable();
        }

if ( !empty( $filters['indisposable_mf_filter'] ) and ( $filters['indisposable_mf_filter'] === 'inactive' ) )
        {
            return !$member->isDisposable();
        }

return FALSE;
    }

$filters['indisposable_mf_filter'] is any

So the method return FALSE and the rule won't be triggered.

I had to disable your app for now so usergroup promotion works again.

2 hours ago, Gabriel Torres said:

@Makoto

@newbie LAC and me found out a bug with this app.

When this app is enabled, usergroup promotion rules stop working.

The bug is here:

[indisposable_MemberFilter] => Array
(
	[indisposable_mf_filter] => any
)

/applications/indisposable/extensions/core/MemberFilter/MemberFilter.php

public function matches( \IPS\Member $member, $filters, $object=NULL )
    {
        if ( !empty( $filters['indisposable_mf_filter'] ) and ( $filters['indisposable_mf_filter'] === 'active' ) )
        {
            return $member->isDisposable();
        }

if ( !empty( $filters['indisposable_mf_filter'] ) and ( $filters['indisposable_mf_filter'] === 'inactive' ) )
        {
            return !$member->isDisposable();
        }

return FALSE;
    }

$filters['indisposable_mf_filter'] is any

So the method return FALSE and the rule won't be triggered.

I had to disable your app for now so usergroup promotion works again.

Thank you for this. It looks like altering the group promotion to "no" for the promotion filter is a temporary work around that prevents members with disposable email addresses from being promoted.

We were trying to figure out what was wrong with promotions independently.