Community

Black Tiger

Why is the pre-sales board replace by contact?

I just wonder because I just discovered it this afternoon.

Why is the pre-sales forum removed and replaced by in fact a "contact us" option?

I presume that it was because of people posting in there who shouldn't. But isn't it a pity you have to answer all those questions x time again? Isn't that more work then moving some posts around once a while?

Pre-sales answers which are already answered are very usefull to potential buyers. I alway love to see several things answered already like how's the conversion of this or that forum working or is there a certain option to do this or that.

At least I always make use of those forums to read them when searching for new forum software for me or one of my friends or customers. Now I'm a member here too, accidentily really, but isn't this a great source of info for potential customers?

We probably approved 1 in 10 topics that were posted that were true pre-sales.

We want to give potential customers a much better and more personal experience when they have pre-sales questions. The forum tended to be relatively informal and it didn't always deliver the high levels of service we give in tickets and emails.

We want to bolster the information we have on the site, make the demo easier to get started with and work on our guides which should give a better amount of information so that potential customers don't feel they need to dig so hard for answers.

I don't know how often it was read, as new customer I still found several answers in there which where usable to me.

But I understand your consideration and reasons for removal.

Thank you for the answer and explanation.