Available payment methods for gift cards

Sonya*

• 10 months later...
On 3/7/2019 at 3:16 AM, Sonya* said:

I assume that there is no way to select payment methods that should be available for gift cards? I wish it to would be handled the same way as for a product (select payment methods that should be available for gift card) and not "offer all payments we have defined in our community".

I am having this same issue. I need to offer Gift Cards ASAP as a way for members to share account credits

Finding the following issues.

• forced to allow ALL payment methods, which I don't want to do. Especially since it's against the rules to sell gift cards with 1 of my payment methods.
  • Can't send gift card to PM
  • IF allowing any amount of Gift Card, be able to set minimum purchase amount. I don't want someone buying a 2 cent gift card to test it out.
  • How can admin track how much outstanding GIFT card balance (not redeemed) is out in the world? Isn't this important to know?
  • IF choosing print (instead of email), WHERE ON EARTH do I go to print the redeem code? The customer never sees it.

Would anyone consider a Plugin to Solve for this stuff? A Gift card upgrade of sorts. @TheJackal84 are you down for this one?

8 hours ago, SJ77 said:

I am having this same issue. I need to offer Gift Cards ASAP as a way for members to share account credits

Why do you need gift cards for that?, it could easily be done by just making a feature to allow members to send credit to another, Cuts out having to add codes etc and maybe just send a email and or notification

8 hours ago, SJ77 said:

Finding the following issues.

• forced to allow ALL payment methods, which I don't want to do. Especially since it's against the rules to sell gift cards with 1 of my payment methods.
  • Can't send gift card to PM
  • IF allowing any amount of Gift Card, be able to set minimum purchase amount. I don't want someone buying a 2 cent gift card to test it out.
  • How can admin track how much outstanding GIFT card balance (not redeemed) is out in the world? Isn't this important to know?
  • IF choosing print (instead of email), WHERE ON EARTH do I go to print the redeem code? The customer never sees it.

Would anyone consider a Plugin to Solve for this stuff? A Gift card upgrade of sorts. @TheJackal84 are you down for this one?

I am always up for anything new :biggrin:, Get a list of all features you would want and let me know.

when it comes to credit transfers etc it would probably be better to create a application and hold values of it all in a database to keep tabs on everything coming and going ( and for piece of mind too )

38 minutes ago, TheJackal84 said:

Get a list of all features you would want and let me know.

• Restrict payment methods for Gift Cards
  • Send Gift Card per PM (instead per email that is not public)

I desperately hop it would be features in the new release, that's why I have not implemented it myself sofar. 

On 1/21/2020 at 11:52 PM, TheJackal84 said:

Why do you need gift cards for that?, it could easily be done by just making a feature to allow members to send credit to another, Cuts out having to add codes etc and maybe just send a email and or notification

I am always up for anything new :biggrin:, Get a list of all features you would want and let me know.

when it comes to credit transfers etc it would probably be better to create a application and hold values of it all in a database to keep tabs on everything coming and going ( and for piece of mind too )

• Ability in ACP to choose which payment methods can be used to buy GIFT CARDS
  • Ability to send GIFT CARD to PM, (IE: another user)
  • Ability to set Min Gift Purchase amount. IE: avoid 1 cent gift cards being sold. I want to choose the min amount that can be added to a gift card.
  • Someway to track SOLD verses redeemed amounts, and see by user who paid for which gift card. This will let me know outstanding balance and also help with customer service. For example if people say they never got the gift card, I can just tell them the code because I can see in the ACP the gift card they paid for. Or if they claim they can't redeem, I am better able to address if I have some clue what is going on. Right now there is ZERO information in the ACP. Very difficult to manage a gift card business this way
  • The "print" gift card option doesn't work at all right now. So either make that option work, or get rid of it all together. (either is fine with me)
  • Ability to choose which member groups can buy GIFT CARDS

That is my feature request list right now. If all these things are addressed, I think a near useless feature will suddenly become a very useful feature. I will fund main development and you are free to sell to others in the marketplace for any price you like

Sound good?

Thank you 🙂

Archived