Bug in Calendar application

MrFisc

The Calendar applications StreamItems extension takes Event ID's from the calendar_event_rsvp table and then immediately tries to load the event based on that ID. If an RSVP exists in that table for an event that no longer exists in the calendar_events table, it will throw an exception. 

Relevant lines of code in applications/calendar/extensions/StreamItems/StreamItems.php:50 (IPS 4.3)

foreach ( \IPS\Db::i()->select( '*', 'calendar_event_rsvp', $where, 'rsvp_date DESC', 10 ) as $rsvp )
{
	$event = \IPS\calendar\Event::load( $rsvp[ 'rsvp_event_id' ] );

This should be trying to catch an OutOfRangeException.

13 hours ago, MrFisc said:

If an RSVP exists in that table for an event that no longer exists in the calendar_events table, it will throw an exception. 

Unless you're deleting events directly via DB or not using $event->delete(), that won't happen. Related data are deleted when the event is deleted:

/**
	 * Delete Record
	 * @return	void
	 */
	public function delete()
	{
		parent::delete();

\IPS\Db::i()->delete( 'calendar_event_rsvp', array( 'rsvp_event_id=?', $this->id ) );
		\IPS\Db::i()->delete( 'calendar_event_reminders', array( 'reminder_event_id=?', $this->id ) );

/* We should not delete maps for imported events, because we do not want to reimport them */
		//\IPS\Db::i()->delete( 'calendar_import_map', array( 'import_event_id=?', $this->id ) );
	}

But yes, an extra layer of check is always welcome.

I think our first question would inevitably be "how are there RSVP records in the database table for events that don't exist". That situation should not happen, and is probably the first issue we'd look to resolve.

Either way, I would encourage you to submit a ticket for support so we can take a look at your site to see if this can be determined.

Archived