Google Adsense Code -Connect Code-

Fierce God

I'm not sure what you're talking about and which version of IPS, but normally you can just put it in Admin CP -> General -> advertisements?
I lost the instruction page, but it said that it's better to disable ajax pages too when Adsense is used.

Or do yo mean something else?

Yes the actual ad code you want goes into ad part in acp

but i thought we had to connect our website first by putting in the header code?

Via Adsense dashboard - "Connect your website to Google Adsense"

It's as easy as copying and pasting.

1Copy the code below

2Paste it into the HTML of Website, between the <head> and </head> tags

3Check the box and click done when you finish

URL of your site

https://yourwebsite.com  - example url (not mine)

COPY CODE

I put it into the admin CP – advertisements and configured it simply to go into the header. It started working very quickly.

What I can't figure out is where is the best place for the rest of the ads and what kind of ads?

I tried match content and it was catastrophic

57 minutes ago, BankFodder said:

What I can't figure out is where is the best place for the rest of the ads and what kind of ads?

Start with Responsive ads (different code for each placement) and let it run at least for 7 days. Then go to your AdSense stats and see the performance of each individual placement. This is a basis from where you can go further. AdSense is not "just place ad code and earn". It is meanwhile a powerful machine with lot of settings and possibilities (e. g. experiments) What performs better depends on your platform, your subject, your target audience, your theme and much more.

1 hour ago, BankFodder said:

I don't have any explanation.

1. Check the site in incognito browser window, sometimes it is YOUR cookie but the ads are shown for other users
  2. Install Google Publisher add-on for browser to see if ads code loaded or not.
  3. Add a fallback image for the ads, if you see the fallback image, it means Google could not find any ad for YOU and your site.

54 minutes ago, Sonya* said:
  1. Check the site in incognito browser window, sometimes it is YOUR cookie but the ads are shown for other users

Blimey! The ads are there! I'm using Google Chrome. It seems that I must've triggered something which prevented the as displaying. – Although the blank spaces for them are there.

Can you tell me what I might have done – and especially how can I get them back. 

9 hours ago, BankFodder said:

Can you tell me what I might have done – and especially how can I get them back. 

You have not done much, just have visited your site too often 😉 AdSense tries to match site content, users interest and behavior to display the ads. If you load the same page 100 times then nothing can be shown any more. AdSense "knows" that it does not make sense to show something to you on this site as there will be no clicks. I assume that you have double-checked everything on your site after update and thus resulted in many (ads) impressions.

When you stop to load pages after pages during hours then in some days the ads will return to YOU. But you will not get any revenue for the ads. You do not click on it and impressions from the page owner are not valid. So it is not important if you see the ads or not. 😉

You are certainly right that I have been refreshing the page a lot as I am trying to sort things out. Amazingly the ads have reappeared this morning.

I had checked with other people who were online and they were telling me that they were receiving the ads.

I never click on our ads anyway because I've always been too frightened about incurring the wrath of Google. But it is reassuring to see the ads appearing because then I can be sure that the code is working.

I have to say that since we migrated from vBulletin, our income from Google advertisements has fallen dramatically and I'm trying to rescue the situation.

Your suggestion a few post earlier about putting different code in each placement is excellent. I have set up the ads and I will be activating them this week and then monitoring closely.

If you have any other suggestions then I'm all ears.

27 minutes ago, BankFodder said:

I have to say that since we migrated from vBulletin, our income from Google advertisements has fallen dramatically and I'm trying to rescue the situation.

Have you used custom channels earlier? If yes and you have deleted or renamed them, then you have lost the individual placement bidding. In this case the revenues must recover first (month or two). If you do not use custom targetable custom channels, then create them. You will see a revenue increase. However, NEVER delete, replace or even rename the custom channels. It is not obvious, but you are going to lost revenues on these channels if you make any changes.

If you are referring to custom channels in vBulletin, then I have to say that I don't really know. I used to provide the add code to our Webmaster who would then insert it into the vBulletin code somewhere. Unfortunately he died a couple of years ago and so we've been rather floundering around.

I'm happy to try and create custom targetable channels – if I can work out how to do it. I see that there is a setting for this in the advertisements option in the backend of the forum. I always get a bit worried about mucking around with this kind of stuff.

Archived