Creating a Test Version of our Live Site Invision 2.0

Hello everyone,

We are having issues with creating a test version of our live site. We currently running Invision 2.0.

Actions I did so far

Database

Created a database for the test community

Exported live communities database to SQL file

Import the SQL file to the test database 

Files

Downloaded (via FTP) all files and subfolders from the current community

Uploaded (via FTP) all files and subfolders to Test community

Modified conf_global.php with new database and URL information

Go to the URL, the site is blank.

I placed my own test.php file in the folder and it can be viewed in the browser.

Changed the database to the live sites' (we know this database works), but it still did not work (ruled out database problem?).

Deleted all files and subfolders from the test community

Logged in to cPanel and started File Manager.

Used the File Manager to copy all files and subfolders from the current community to test community

It still did not work.

Called the technical support of the host company and asked him to copy all files and subfolders from our current community to the test community.

We have not had success with this process. Do anyone have any suggestions for us that could help us get this test site running?

I can't be 100% sure on this but I think PHP 5 support came in with later versions of the 2.x codeline, with PHP 5.2.x and above then being required for IPB 3.x

To get 2.0 running, you might need to be going to a lower version of PHP (ie 4.x) - what version of PHP is currently running your live site?

9 hours ago, Blake Staff said:

We cannot go with any version lower than 5.3.29.  The live site is running on the same PHP version. Both sites are on the same server.

Don't quote me be but you going have problem with 5.3.x it's to new for 2.0.x if remember correctly but got ask why need be doing test for very out of date script.

Are you actually attempting to use 2.0 on the test installation, or are you wanting to test upgrading?

If you just want to test upgrading it, you only need the database and don't actually need to get the 2.0 instance "running". Stick with PHP 5.3, put in place the 3.x files, and then upgrade to Invision 3.x (and then upgrade PHP and upgrade to 4.x if that was your plan).

If you are trying to get the 2.0 instance working, you will need to drop your PHP version as mentioned. You're talking about software that was around (almost) before I started working at the company at this point, and I've been here for well over a decade. You're going to need very old technology to run it.

9 minutes ago, bfarber said:

Are you actually attempting to use 2.0 on the test installation, or are you wanting to test upgrading?

If you just want to test upgrading it, you only need the database and don't actually need to get the 2.0 instance "running". Stick with PHP 5.3, put in place the 3.x files, and then upgrade to Invision 3.x (and then upgrade PHP and upgrade to 4.x if that was your plan).

If you are trying to get the 2.0 instance working, you will need to drop your PHP version as mentioned. You're talking about software that was around (almost) before I started working at the company at this point, and I've been here for well over a decade. You're going to need very old technology to run it.

We are only interested in testing our upgrade. We will follow your instructions and see how it goes.

To everyone that replied, thanks for helping us out.

Archived