How to download 4.3.6 security update?

AlexJ

19 minutes ago, Joel R said:

Go directly to 4.4.1 when you're ready.  

Remember to take a backup, disable all third-party applications and plugins, and disable your custom theme.  

What was the critical security issue?

3 hours ago, Joel R said:

4.3.6 is no longer available, and the security patches are bundled in to 4.4.1

It says 4.3.6 released yesterday and I can't download the patch? So only way to protect from security issue is to go 4.4.1 while people are not yet ready for 4.4.1?  Before IPS used to support old versions for certain period of time. Now even for active license holders, it's screw you or upgrade, policy? 

What's so hard about providing security patch separately like old days in separate zip file? I am not asking to support 4.3.5, 4.3,4, etc. Just last final release i.e. 4.3.6 before current major version? @bfarber

image.thumb.png.e20829275328971b738dec0c77cb3771.png

2 hours ago, AlexJ said:

Now even for active license holders, it's screw you or upgrade, policy? 

Yes. This is what I have been said in support ticket. If you have an issue with 4.3.6 then you must upgrade to the latest version to get support.

I can understand that they want to bundle their efforts into development of the new version. But I am also unhappy not to be able to upgrade right now (not ready for 4.4 yet) and not getting support for the current version.

You do not need to update to 4.4.x in order to obtain the security fix - we explicitly released a 4.3.6 patch to address anyone unprepared to upgrade.

You should be able to run the support tool, which will point out the patch and allow you to apply it. If you have any trouble, please feel free to submit a ticket and we will assist.

In short - there is a patch available for 4.3.x. You are not being forced to upgrade to 4.4.x at this time for this specific issue.

On 3/6/2019 at 4:31 PM, bfarber said:

You do not need to update to 4.4.x in order to obtain the security fix - we explicitly released a 4.3.6 patch to address anyone unprepared to upgrade.

You should be able to run the support tool, which will point out the patch and allow you to apply it. If you have any trouble, please feel free to submit a ticket and we will assist.

In short - there is a patch available for 4.3.x. You are not being forced to upgrade to 4.4.x at this time for this specific issue.

Hello bfarber, can you also please confirm that the new push-upgrade for 4.4.1 is the same ? I applied the patch to my 4.3.6 after the alert in admin panel, so I don't need to apply furthermore the 4.4.1, right?

(not that I don't want to go on 4.4, but I have to wait for my theme to be updated by its author! )

Archived