Community

SoftwareFactory

Brilliant Discord Integration

Hi, 

Is there a way to send a notification when you updated a file. I would like to notify my discord members when I upload a new version for files. 

Thanks for your help 🙂 . 

Hello I play the widget but it looks like this, the application itself works correctly.

ipsdiscordbrilliant.thumb.JPG.307cc098328e506451d94461835c0213.JPG

On 5/1/2020 at 9:01 AM, Charef said:

Hi, 

Is there a way to send a notification when you updated a file. I would like to notify my discord members when I upload a new version for files. 

Thanks for your help 🙂 . 

This is not possible yet, but we are looking to change it in future updates. 

10 hours ago, kmk said:

Hello I play the widget but it looks like this, the application itself works correctly.

ipsdiscordbrilliant.thumb.JPG.307cc098328e506451d94461835c0213.JPG

You need to enable widget in your Discord server settings:

image.thumb.png.2b5c6915e89b26f83b7a5df3754e4504.png

The last day or so, members who have gotten a Discord account and then tried the Magic Invite are getting added to the server... but then they aren't able to actually see the server as an option in their browser/app screen, so essentially are not able to access the chat. These are people new to Discord, so they definitely have not hit the 100 server limit. Any thoughts as to what the problem might be?

Integration request:

Hi @SoftwareFactory, With Discord bots for self assign roles sometimes being unreliable if we could have a feature integrated into the Briliant Discord Intergration Application where if a user joins a club on IPS then they will receve a role within the Discord Server, an example for this in my case would be for games. A user joins the club for "CSGO" and then the Application will assign them the role within the Discord Server called "CSGO" allowing them to access the area of the discord that is reserved for members that play CSGO.

I beleve that this feature would be a great addition to your application and hope to hear from you soon.

Kind Regards,

- Kingz

Kinda new to the entire Discord thing. Can anyone share what would be the use case for multiple magic invites? In my mind you either give access to them to certain member group or you don't. Why do we need multiple ones?

Greetings,

I purchased this application and I'm working on setting it up.  First, is there any documentation on how to use this?   I've basically stumbled my way through setting it up.

I think I have it mostly setup correctly, but trying to get the widget working.  I created an invite in Discord, then added an invite using that code in the settings.  And then edited the widget to select that invite.  The first time I clicked on the widget, I was able to click the "Login to Discord and Accept" button, which brought me here:

image.thumb.png.076e14fdb67843ee88977f8f37a6ee69.png

When I clicked "Authorize", it ends up just reloading this same page.  And continues to do so each time I click Authorize.

I then received an email from forum with the following error:

image.thumb.png.895314e823985623bf954407bbd8f5ad.png

I already had a Discord account and it looked like it correctly linked them, as when I tried to use the widget again, it states I'm already a member of the server (which is true).  However, obviously I'd like to fix the issue where it just keeps reloading the same Discord authorization page.

Also, it seems to show the invite code in the bread crumb, which I certainly do not want:

2015869747_ScreenShot2020-05-25at11_52_57PM.png.e7829f55aa2856181036215e71e3feee.png

The invite code is also in the URL for this page.  I'd much prefer that the invite code be hidden, as we only want people to join (for now) from within the forum, and not sharing this code elsewhere.  It doesn't look like Discord exposes this code on the authorization page.  Do I have something configured wrong?

Thanks in advance for your help.

Hey I am having a member tell me that they are unable to link their Discord account to their website profile, this is the error log.

Unexpected response code at /guilds/426562638156267523/members/575946204714762245 500 MoonCake024 05/26/20 17:00:04

Response content

{"message": "500: Internal Server Error", "code": 0}

Request body

N/A

Request headers

Content-Type: application/json
User-Agent: DiscordBot (BrilliantDiscordIntegration, v1)

Response headers

Date: Tue, 26 May 2020 16:00:04 GMT
Content-Type: application/json
Content-Length: 52
Connection: keep-alive
Set-Cookie: __cfruid=7a1eb1393f45453af5634918e16d62e076244c73-1590508804; path=/; domain=.discordapp.com; HttpOnly; Secure; SameSite=None
x-envoy-upstream-service-time: 5035
Via: 1.1 google
CF-Cache-Status: DYNAMIC
cf-request-id: 02f34f5dbb000006b6568e0200000001
Expect-CT: max-age=604800, report-uri="https://report-uri.cloudflare.com/cdn-cgi/beacon/expect-ct"
Server: cloudflare
CF-RAY: 5998b4dc5b8206b6-LHR

Stack trace

#0 /var/www/html/forum/applications/brilliantdiscord/sources/RateLimit/RateLimit.php(153): IPS\brilliantdiscord_hook_member->IPS\{closure}(Object(Closure))
#1 /var/www/html/forum/init.php(820) : eval()'d code(57): IPS\brilliantdiscord\_RateLimit::limitHandle('guilds/{guild.i...', '426562638156267...', Object(Closure))
#2 /var/www/html/forum/init.php(820) : eval()'d code(114): IPS\brilliantdiscord_hook_member->discordMember(Array)
#3 /var/www/html/forum/applications/brilliantdiscord/sources/LoginHandler.php(385): IPS\brilliantdiscord_hook_member->discordSync(Array)
#4 /var/www/html/forum/system/Login/Login.php(316): IPS\brilliantdiscord\_LoginHandler->authenticateButton(Object(IPS\Login))
#5 /var/www/html/forum/applications/core/extensions/core/ProfileSteps/Core.php(445): IPS\_Login->authenticate(Object(IPS\brilliantdiscord\LoginHandler))
#6 /var/www/html/forum/system/Helpers/Wizard/Wizard.php(181): IPS\core\extensions\core\ProfileSteps\_Core::IPS\core\extensions\core\ProfileSteps\{closure}(Array)
#7 /var/www/html/forum/applications/core/modules/front/system/settings.php(1622): IPS\Helpers\_Wizard->__toString()
#8 /var/www/html/forum/system/Dispatcher/Controller.php(85): IPS\core\modules\front\system\_settings->completion()
#9 /var/www/html/forum/applications/core/modules/front/system/settings.php(40): IPS\Dispatcher\_Controller->execute()
#10 /var/www/html/forum/system/Dispatcher/Dispatcher.php(152): IPS\core\modules\front\system\_settings->execute()
#11 /var/www/html/forum/index.php(13): IPS\_Dispatcher->run()
#12 {main}

Any help as to why this has happended and how I can go about fixing this so that the member can link their Discord account up would be much appriciated.

Thanks.

Important Information

We use technologies, such as cookies, to customise content and advertising, to provide social media features and to analyse traffic to the site. We also share information about your use of our site with our trusted social media, advertising and analytics partners. See more about cookies and our Privacy Policy