Jump to content

Brilliant Discord Integration


SoftwareFactory

Recommended Posts

9 hours ago, Sonnydg said:

Hello! I bought the plugin because the said that it synchronizes discord roles, but I find that it does not, the people logged by Discord in my forum, I want the discord roles in the forum to be synchronized. Can be done?

Thank you

I have answered your private message with the same content.

5 hours ago, kmk said:

@SoftwareFactory Hi, sorry if you find this question is not related the support topic. Do you can do something like Brillian Discord Integration for whatsapp or wechat?

We are currently working on another Brilliant application, but we may take a look on this idea in the future.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Bought today, New Clean install, Followed all instructions (Add new Bot, OAuth redirect, moved role to top) and I cant get past step two reguarding the bots role location on top. (Which it is)

 

Untitled-1.png

 

Untitled2.png

Edited by Nowimps8
Link to comment
Share on other sites

20 hours ago, Nowimps8 said:

Bought today, New Clean install, Followed all instructions (Add new Bot, OAuth redirect, moved role to top) and I cant get past step two reguarding the bots role location on top. (Which it is)

 

Untitled-1.png

 

Untitled2.png

Did you click the button before server name?

image.thumb.png.8fc85013209f8b26011133d5bb303e4d.png

10 hours ago, 1st Brigade said:

Feature request: People react to a post by the to automatically RSVP people to events.

This would be extremely useful for us and would definitely lead to us purchasing the addon.

Thank you!

I'm not sure what do you mean.¬†Could you explain your idea with some more details?¬†ūüôā

Link to comment
Share on other sites

18 hours ago, SoftwareFactory said:

<snip>
I'm not sure what do you mean.¬†Could you explain your idea with some more details?¬†ūüôā

Sure thing.

It is a feature that Guilded had which we used to manage our gaming community before switching to Invision.
Basically, the Bot would automatically post 1 day before (although it would be nice to be able to customise this) with a post like this:

spacer.png

If you click on the reactions on the post, it would automatically sync your response to the Guilded calendar.

So basically, my idea is to mirror that. Have the bot be able to post about events and then have people be able to click on the reactions to then have their RSVP show up in the forum.

Hopefully that explained it :)

Link to comment
Share on other sites

9 hours ago, 1st Brigade said:

Sure thing.

It is a feature that Guilded had which we used to manage our gaming community before switching to Invision.
Basically, the Bot would automatically post 1 day before (although it would be nice to be able to customise this) with a post like this:

spacer.png

If you click on the reactions on the post, it would automatically sync your response to the Guilded calendar.

So basically, my idea is to mirror that. Have the bot be able to post about events and then have people be able to click on the reactions to then have their RSVP show up in the forum.

Hopefully that explained it :)

Thank you for the detailed description.

Unfortunately, it’s not possible to add such feature to this app, because the app is optimized for synchronizing data from your site, and not the other way around.

6 hours ago, 403 - Forbideen said:

image.thumb.png.3f39abccd72258d08849ab8307ff49fd.png

If my user are using the discord app, i can't edit his account. How i fix it? I already update your app to the last version.

Unfortunately I can’t find a possible cause of this issue. Could you create a temporary administrator account on your site for me to investigate this error and send me its details in private message? Sorry for possible inconvenience.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

10 hours ago, SoftwareFactory said:

Thank you for the detailed description.

Unfortunately, it’s not possible to add such feature to this app, because the app is optimized for synchronizing data from your site, and not the other way around.

Unfortunately I can’t find a possible cause of this issue. Could you create a temporary administrator account on your site for me to investigate this error and send me its details in private message? Sorry for possible inconvenience.

No worries. Thanks for your response.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • 2 weeks later...

Discord ban system is completely different from the one in Invision Community. We decided to only kick members that are banned on your website.

You may keep your server free of banned members (and these that haven't registered on your site) by deleting basic Discord invites and using only Magic Invites (which is recommended). They won't allow guests and banned members to join your Discord server.

In future there may be more options in such case.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Just bought it. I'm stuck on the second page of configuration. Can't go pass that. It takes me back to step 1. Think it has something to do with the bot which isn't on top of the list. I have no idea how to bump him. Do I need to check any of these boxes?

image.thumb.png.5d2e9e0755533bf85d3dc46176160760.png

Edited by xdrox
Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 8/11/2019 at 10:35 AM, Rolle said:

Kicking would be fine too, since if they are banned on the website they can't get an invite back. But from my testing, nothing happens when user is banned on the website. Are you sure it is working?

We haven't received any bug report about this feature. I have tested it a while ago and it works. However, if you want me to do so, I can check if everything is OK with your configuration. Just create a temporary admin account and send me its details (username, password and your website address) in a private message. I'll take a look on it.

19 hours ago, xdrox said:

Just bought it. I'm stuck on the second page of configuration. Can't go pass that. It takes me back to step 1. Think it has something to do with the bot which isn't on top of the list. I have no idea how to bump him. Do I need to check any of these boxes?

image.thumb.png.5d2e9e0755533bf85d3dc46176160760.png

Our team is currently investigating for a possible bug in configuration wizard that may take back to first step after finishing second step - sorry for possible inconvenience. You don't need to check any of these boxes.

16 hours ago, xdrox said:

Step 3 finally. Now I'm having trouble with the general role... Dunno what to do.

General role is a role that will be given to every Discord server member that has linked account with your website.

If the box is empty, it means you don't have any role on your Discord server and you need to create one.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 7/25/2019 at 2:00 PM, SoftwareFactory said:

Rate limiting issues during configuration are usually caused by inaccurate server time. You can check it by running the support tool in ACP:

image.thumb.png.e417d8238a4aed2ef911376aebc4f3f2.png

I'm also running into rate-limiting issues, although not during configuration. This is happening while assigning roles to members. Server time is accurate.

1156626878051a4.png

115662685959249.png

Is there a reason this resource isn't batching requests to avoid this?

Regardless, please advise or address. This is a large issue for us.

 

Edited by bl_speed
Link to comment
Share on other sites

6 hours ago, bl_speed said:

I'm also running into rate-limiting issues, although not during configuration. This is happening while assigning roles to members. Server time is accurate.

1156626878051a4.png

115662685959249.png

Is there a reason this resource isn't batching requests to avoid this?

Regardless, please advise or address. This is a large issue for us.

Brilliant Discord Integration tries to prevent exceeding rate limits and we are still working on improving that.

We would like to investigate your issue. Could you create a temporary admin account on your site and send me its details (username/email, password and your website address) in private message? Thanks in advance and sorry for inconvenience.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • 4 weeks later...

I'm quite new to setting up apps for Discord, so I'm struggling to let my Bot posts messages in my selected channel. Maybe I've setup my Bot incorrectly, because it shows as offline.  I've configured my server and notifications correctly.

Is there a manual on how to properly add a Bot?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...
  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    • No registered users viewing this page.
√ó
√ó
  • Create New...