Making a Landing Page

Any help, suggestions, help guides, or flat out instructions on:

How i can make a one page landing page. I would like to use a already made one, that i just edit, and the tabs lead to the inside of my community

I would love to use JUST the front page of this - Front page

You can see the demo/front page here - Demo Front page 

I would be greatly appreciative of any help.........i know you all are busy, but thanks in advance if anyone sees this and wants to help

Wow, didn't notice this theme, had to edit response @Dean_ 

after looking thru it, it does have the landing page effect i was looking for, kinda pricey, but will look into it

still looking for guide or instructions on above Landing page if anyone knows how or can help

Edited by Mr. Fierce God
Theme was actually looked at, liked, but kinda pricey for right now

If you have the pages app, you could make a basic landing page using widgets? This will show; topics, posts, events, popular topics etc etc, there are also some plugins in the market place you can use.

Matt shows you this here;

Edited by Dean_

Thats fine and yes i have watched that many times

not really looking for a default app looking Homepage

Not being rude or a smarta$$ at all.............. just that i have seen prior IPS community websites literally using a landing page that wasn't a IPS make or marketplace theme...... i actually looked the theme/landing page up, and found that it was offered by a completely outside company, not IPS or Marketplace author

One community even had a Themeisle Template Landing page

just was wondering if there was a easy way to do this with template i provided above...............I thought you could make/input just about anything using pages app?

Just now, Mr. Fierce God said:

Thats fine and yes i have watched that many times

not really looking for a default app looking Homepage

Not being rude or a smarta$$ at all.............. just that i have seen prior IPS community websites literally using a landing page that wasn't a IPS make or marketplace theme...... i actually looked the theme/landing page up, and found that it was offered by a completely outside company, not IPS or Marketplace author

One community even had a Themeisle Template Landing page

just was wondering if there was a easy way to do this with template i provided above...............I thought you could make/input just about anything using pages app?

I guess one other way is to again use pages, but set it to custom html. This way you could buy a landing page that uses html upload the contents to the server (this is usually the images folder and any other folders that are needed) and copy the index.html code into a pages template.

You could try this using a free template/landing page to see how it works.

• 1 year later...

Just came across this topic and I have actually the same idea as @Fierce God. Trying to achieve that using the pages, I ended up with an indefinite loop. It seems it is not that easy . The html output then contains two <head> tags etc...I assume it would need quite a bit of customization. 

I've opened another thread about this subject here: 

Sorry, for not seeing this post here earlier! I will test another one page template to see how I could embedd it in to the wrapper. 

On 3/5/2019 at 4:15 PM, Fierce God said:

Any help, suggestions, help guides, or flat out instructions on:

How i can make a one page landing page. I would like to use a already made one, that i just edit, and the tabs lead to the inside of my community

I would love to use JUST the front page of this - Front page

You can see the demo/front page here - Demo Front page 

I would be greatly appreciative of any help.........i know you all are busy, but thanks in advance if anyone sees this and wants to help

well its Ips downfall making a front page is limited iv gone with Wordpress and beaver builder you cant go wrong 😛 you can customize   everything as many rows row sizes  side bars etc without needing to know how to code 😛