date_started and date_replied translation issue 4.4

eskaiter

2 minutes ago, peter.schaefer said:

Do you know how many old packages we have with vb, which worked up different versions for years, without anyone ever mentioning it or changing the compatibility list?

Off course, i used vb2 since it was released, but i never blamed a developer for a plugin not compatible with vb 3 🙂

4 minutes ago, TheSonic said:

Off course, i used vb2 since it was released, but i never blamed a developer for a plugin not compatible with vb 3 🙂

I didn't blame you. I simply made a statement about problems with the 4.3 package in a 4.4 environment. That's all.
Why would I blame you? For what? You didn't do anything wrong and I never said you do.

And yes, I have seen a lot of blaming for not working packages in vb, even if it was working fine, but someone thought some bells and whistles were of any importance for them.

9 minutes ago, peter.schaefer said:

made a statement about problems with the 4.3 package in a 4.4 environment.

WE NEVER TOLD IT'S COMPATIBLE WITH 4.4.... (this was posted several times now ... But you did not understand that).

It's like you install a russian/french/whatever-package and blame the author: OUH, THATS NOT GERMAN.

EPIC FAIL! Learn reading the discriptions of the downloads.

24 minutes ago, TheSonic said:

WE NEVER TOLD IT'S COMPATIBLE WITH 4.4.... (this was posted several times now ... But you did not understand that).

It's like you install a russian/french/whatever-package and blame the author: OUH, THATS NOT GERMAN.

EPIC FAIL! Learn reading the discriptions of the downloads.

I understood that, I even understood it, before i upgraded to 4.4.

On the site of your translation page here:

there is a support box and it says:

Feel free to report bugs, ideas and feedback here (english)

or on https://www.adminarena.de/ (german & english)

- we are happy to hear your opinions

So that is exactly what I did. Your website is offline at the time being and you said you are happy with opinions. I gave you mine, so you can take notice, that there are some flaws using it with 4.4 as others did in your reviews.

I am sorry that you have hurt feelings by the two stars, but I never thought you would count the stars on your self-esteem. As I mentioned, you can have a hundred for that.

16 minutes ago, hjmaier said:

@peter.schaefer It is not 100% compatible, but in my opinion it works well enough. There are a few problems which needs some attention, but that can be easily fixed by yourself. 

Yes I know, I don't think I said otherwise.

Hi guys,

just to let you know: We now released a alpha of the new languagefile - there really was a lot of change and we are pretty sure, we still missed some stuff.

Because we don't want to release a version in that state (and peaople start complaining again), we will not yet release it on this site. If you don't mind using an early version, feel free to contact me (if you already send me a Conv or email, don't mind - i will get back to you later)

EDIT: https://www.adminarena.de/resources/uebersetzung-fuer-invision-community-suite-ips-4-4-x-preview.5/

On 2/27/2019 at 5:22 PM, eskaiter said:

fixed it:

the entries

<word key="_date_this_week_c" js="0">%s um %s</word>
  <word key="_date_this_week" js="0">%s um %s</word>

had to be updated to

<word key="_date_this_week_c" js="0">{!0#[0:Sonntag][1:Montag][2:Dienstag][3:Mittwoch][4:Donnerstag][5:Freitag][6:Samstag]} at %s</word>
  <word key="_date_this_week" js="0">{!0#[0:Sonntag][1:Montag][2:Dienstag][3:Mittwoch][4:Donnerstag][5:Freitag][6:Samstag]} at %s</word>

For some reason this doesn't work for me. I put in place just as it was proposed by @eskaiter but in the end I have this on my page:

image.png.ff5476a7f6be49ac87fd5ccbd0d71674.png

Anyone has an idea? @TheSonicmaybe?

This is how it was implemented:

image.thumb.png.c547e74894605dc57ea1d5f1bd208aa2.png

Regards, Stefan

Got it. It is

<word key="_date_this_week_c" js="0">{!# [0:Sonntag][1:Montag][2:Dienstag][3:Mittwoch][4:Donnerstag][5:Freitag][6:Samstag]} at %s</word>
<word key="_date_this_week" js="0">{!# [0:Sonntag][1:Montag][2:Dienstag][3:Mittwoch][4:Donnerstag][5:Freitag][6:Samstag]} at %s</word>

@eskaitershould be edited in the first post from you. Maybe helpful for other too

Archived