📁 Bulk / Zip Downloads

• 4 weeks later...

We’ve been waiting awhile to hear from the author on this. 

Still don’t have button on top instead of bottom

here’s another thing. Turns out if you’re using downloads clicking the zip file doesn’t clear customer to leave a review. Customer has to download one of the individual files in order to be allowed to leave a review on the file. But downloading all the files using the zip plug-in (only) should be enough to give the customer permission to leave a file review. 
thank you

@Makoto

Edited by SJ77

Hey @SJ77,

In regards to downloads not working, this is generally a server specific issue. I'm happy to look into it for you, however, but I'll need you to PM me here and set me up with temporary admin/SSH access to your server so I can review your configuration and any errors that may be occurring.

Regarding button placement, I'll have that updated in the next release.

Regarding customers not being able to review after bulk downloading, that is indeed a bug and I will add it to the issue tracker and have it fixed in a maintenance release. Sorry for the inconvenience!

• 7 months later...

HI,

Discovered that when it builds the zip file it doesn't work right if the file names are the same. For example if we have 3 file but 2 of them have the same name the zip file only ends up having 2 files.

It's been over a year since the last version, so I hope this great little plugin will get some love soon. Thank you @Makoto

1 hour ago, SJ77 said:

HI,

Discovered that when it builds the zip file it doesn't work right if the file names are the same. For example if we have 3 file but 2 of them have the same name the zip file only ends up having 2 files.

It's been over a year since the last version, so I hope this great little plugin will get some love soon. Thank you @Makoto

Hey @SJ77!

That is indeed a bug and I'll make sure it's fixed and an updated release is pushed to the marketplace soon!

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...

I am glad this was updated to bring the button to the top, but the bug still exists where the "review" option is not unlocked by downloading the zip.

@Makoto can we please make it so that if someone downloads only the zip (and not individual files) that the option to review is unlocked?

Having to explain this bug to members every single day, is getting tiring.  😞

• 9 months later...
  • 5 months later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...
On 3/3/2022 at 8:02 AM, Mike Mc said:

@Makoto - I have found that doing a "bulk" download does not increment my download count. How difficult would it be to add this feature?

This is something I've been meaning to look into. I have a release pending approval in the marketplace right now that adds in support for UTF8 filenames with mod_zip and addresses some other issues with Nginx mod_zip on IPS 4.6, but I'll have this added in the release after that.

Doing this will likely mean adding a database entry for every file, which is probably exactly what you want, but just something to keep in mind if you're wanting to enforce download limits on uses with bulk download permissions.

Edited by Makoto
On 4/8/2022 at 4:47 PM, Makoto said:

Doing this will likely mean adding a database entry for every file, which is probably exactly what you want, but just something to keep in mind if you're wanting to enforce download limits on uses with bulk download permissions.

Yes! Its pretty important for my community as we sort by file popularity, and some of our larger downloads contain dozens of files. So they get "down-ranked" only because people prefer the zip download option and they do not get a download count increment.

Are you able to give me a rough estimate on the ETA of the changes?

I'd be willing to test a pre-release version if you need to test. 

Thank you!

• 2 weeks later...