📁 Bulk / Zip Downloads

4 minutes ago, Joel R said:

Does this work on Amazon S3 configurations? 

Yes, it should work on any configuration, remote or local. The only limitation is for Amazon S3 (and other remote file hosts), you will have to use the Native PHP method for zipping files. Nginx's mod_zip only works with files that are stored locally.

But I definitely recommend downloading the demo (provided as an attachment in the file listing) and using it to run a few test downloads to ensure there are no issues on your particular server configuration, just to be safe.

Naturally, if you do run into any problems, I'm happy to help!

Edited by Makoto
1 minute ago, jcdesign said:

I have one question.

Can this app download a members all files in one compressed file? Can not find any "download all" button.

I'm afraid not, this application is only meant to offer bulk downloads for IP.Gallery albums and IP.Downloads files at the moment.

1 minute ago, Joel R said:

I understand how the app works for gallery albums, but how does this app work for downloads then?

Does it download all files in a category? I didn't understand from the description.  

Sorry for the ambiguity, I'll update the file description with some more screenshots and try and make it a bit clearer!

Basically, if you upload multiple files to a single IP.Downloads submission, it will provide a link to download all of those files at once in the window that pops up asking the user which file they want to download.

For example,

SmYMzLy.png

2 minutes ago, SJ77 said:

Anyway we can move the download all button to the top? People don't know it's there where there are many files.

Sure, that sounds reasonable. I'll update the template hook at add the button to the top of the files list on the next release.

• 3 weeks later...
2 hours ago, Stephen Bruce said:

This sounds like a great idea. I’ll check it out soon. I’d definitely be interested in other plugins that improve the Downloads section too as there’s a whole lot of things that could be improved at the moment!

I AGREE!! Downloads, the most neglected and yet most important application in the entire IPB Suite.

1 minute ago, SJ77 said:

I AGREE!! Downloads, the most neglected and yet most important application in the entire IPB Suite.

Totally. I think I’ve just commented on your other post regarding Downloads. There’s so many great ways that the Downloads app could be used! Is there no one on here that could do the work to make our ideas possible? I’d be happy to buy a plug-in that would improve the Downloads app or pay for someone to do the work but I don’t know who to ask and don’t seem to get a reply on my posts

5 minutes ago, Stephen Bruce said:

Totally. I think I’ve just commented on your other post regarding Downloads. There’s so many great ways that the Downloads app could be used! Is there no one on here that could do the work to make our ideas possible? I’d be happy to buy a plug-in that would improve the Downloads app or pay for someone to do the work but I don’t know who to ask and don’t seem to get a reply on my posts

I feel like we are hi-jacking Makoto's thread so maybe we take this to PM if you like but to be honest its REALLY difficult to get help developing this stuff. I have offered money to folks for upgrades they admitted were small and not even had them ask "How much will you pay".  It sometimes feels like a bucket of "no can do" around here. I don't know if folks are just way over worked too busy, or sick of it. Maybe a combination.

So I have just been yelling into the wind about Downloads hoping some how someone will take notice. It's such an amazing app totally loaded with potential that could set this suite apart from anything else.  It's truly unique and easily the best way to make money using a forum. I so shocked that so few have figured this out.

Edited by SJ77
  • 4 months later...

So I think I understand what this does better now, but would there be any future road map that involved allowing you to click an add to downloads link/checkbox which would let you download multiple files across multiple IP.Download submissions in one zip?

• 2 months later...