suddenly I am getting all the rejected failed emails, help

SJ77

my main IPB email address is getting all the kicked back emails  "Mail delivery failed: returning message to sender"

They are sent from postmaster@mysite.com but are landing in my inbox at admin@mysite.com

What did I do to cause this, and how do I stop it from coming?

Thank you in advance

Hundreds of unwanted emails flooding my asmin@mysite.com 

they are setup in the ACP to be sent from postmaster@mysite.com

78D7F8DC-851D-41DD-BF99-D53E0A3F5AEB.jpeg

don't want these fails.JPG

see the failed emails in the screen shot at that post. They are coming to my admin@mysite email even though they are from postmaster@mysite
it's failed emails that IPB sends to users, such as when a user tries to register with a fake email account

33 minutes ago, SJ77 said:

see the failed emails in the screen shot at that post. They are coming to my admin@mysite email even though they are from postmaster@mysite
it's failed emails that IPB sends to users, such as when a user tries to register with a fake email account

I have always received that when a email is not sent, basically it is trying to send a email to one what don't exist, maybe it will retry for 7 days, after then it will send you one saying that it failed and is returning to sender, where as in this case the sender is the one set in your ACP, that's why that is receiving them, plus it will also go to the main admin's email account

3 minutes ago, SJ77 said:

something is forcing the return address to be admin@mysite

admin@mysite.com is more than likely the account what is marked as the main one, so any emails like that will go to the main one, it will be on some settings someone on the server config, I tried a quick look on mine but couldn't see it atm, I know I see something like that in the past though when I was building my server

9 minutes ago, TheJackal84 said:

admin@mysite.com is more than likely the account what is marked as the main one, so any emails like that will go to the main one, it will be on some settings someone on the server config, I tried a quick look on mine but couldn't see it atm, I know I see something like that in the past though when I was building my server

that's what I need to find. I looked on my server but can't find it either.

• 2 weeks later...

This usually happens if you have an inactive member and their email address is no longer in service. This happens to me a lot. But, it would be nice if IPS CS' system could halt the email being sent out instead of bouncing the email back to your site's email. This gets tiresome when you have thousands of such occurrences over bounced emails.

Archived