How to revert to previous version of IPS

Currently I am using 4.3.4 version of IPS , I have got an update of IPS of 4.4.0 but i want to update IPS to 4.3.6. 
The upgrading wizard does not give any option of degrading IPS version. I want to degrade IPS version without dropping database.
Please let me know solution for this if one has any. 

Currently I am using 4.3.4 version of IPS , I have got an update of IPS of 4.4.0 but i want to update IPS to 4.3.6. 
The upgrading wizard does not give any option of upgrading IPS version 4.3.6
How to upgrade to 4.3.6 without upgrading 4.4.0 in IPS? 

Please let me know solution for this if one has any. 

• 2 weeks later...
On 2/26/2019 at 2:56 AM, Nathan Explosion said:

Open a ticket with support and ask them if they will provide you with a download of 4.3.6 - that is your option.

Exactly. If you need a specific version, IPS will provide the necessary version. IPS only provides the most recent update/upgrade per your license. But, if you don't want to upgrade to the most recent upgrade, they do have all versions of their platform that they still support, provided it hasn't reached end of life.

3 hours ago, Rheddy said:

Exactly. If you need a specific version, IPS will provide the necessary version. IPS only provides the most recent update/upgrade per your license. But, if you don't want to upgrade to the most recent upgrade, they do have all versions of their platform that they still support, provided it hasn't reached end of life.

If we do that, can we choose to update again at a later time? How long do versions usually last?

22 minutes ago, MNOfficial said:

If we do that, can we choose to update again at a later time? How long do versions usually last?

You may want to request that at your earliest convenience. That would allow you to manually upgrade later when you get the time but requesting a download for the version you need, I would put in that request as soon as you can. IPS does sunset older versions of the IPSCS that they no longer support and while they do announce EOL for a version of their software, I just don't know what their timeframe for each version is. Better safe than sorry and request it as soon as you can.

Once they provide you with the version you request, download it as soon as they provide it for you, preferably within a few days of them providing you the download link.

2 minutes ago, Rheddy said:

You may want to request that at your earliest convenience. That would allow you to manually upgrade later when you get the time but requesting a download for the version you need, I would put in that request as soon as you can. IPS does sunset older versions of the IPSCS that they no longer support and while they do announce EOL for a version of their software, I just don't know what their timeframe for each version is. Better safe than sorry and request it as soon as you can.

Once they provide you with the version you request, download it as soon as they provide it for you.

Yeah. I may just downgrade back to whatever version was out before 4.4.0 to allow posting to resume at my board.

16 minutes ago, MNOfficial said:

Yeah. I may just downgrade back to whatever version was out before 4.4.0 to allow posting to resume at my board.

Well, if you're going to downgrade, you need a backup of your database and your files before you did the upgrade to 4.4.0. For instance, you'll need a backup of the database you had before you did an upgrade. Simply uploading the files for IPS 4.3.6 simply won't downgrade you, you'll just be uploading the files and if I were you, I would seek more advice on this, but simply uploading older files of the IPS suite (4.3.x) when you're currently running 4.4.x might cause problems with your current upgraded version. You won't be able to just upload 4.3.x and then run the upgrade tool. I always make a backup copy of my site and forums before I run through an upgrade in the event that something unforseen happens with an upgrade.

Just now, Rheddy said:

Well, if you're going to downgrade, you need a backup of your database and your files before you did the upgrade to 4.4.0. For instance, you'll need a backup of the database you had before you did an upgrade. Simply uploading the files for IPS 4.3.6 simply won't downgrade you, you'll just be uploading the files and if I were you, I would seek more advice on this, but simply uploading older files of the IPS suite (4.3.x) when you're currently running 4.4.x might cause problems with your current upgraded version. You won't be able to just upload 4.3.x and then run the upgrade tool. I always make a backup copy of my site and forums before I run through an upgrade in the event that something unforseen happens with an upgrade.

My host creates daily backups for my website; it's how I have it set up to naturally create them. So, my host holds them. I'm just hoping my posting issue is fixed; if not, then I'm screwed.

Archived