Migration from vBulletin 3.8 to IPS4 - problem after problem

ЛЕНИН

It's your choice.  Do you want forum at root?

That means when user types in mydomain.com, he will immediately go to your forums.  This is recommended if you only have forums. 

If you have another main section (eg. WordPress), then you can make WordPress in your root and forum in /forum.  

As I mentioned I have forum at /forum, and I want it to stay there. I also have main site, other system. I know Invision has also some front page solutions, or no? I mean Pages. Can they be my front page in future? If yes - should I install Invision Community Suite at / or at /forum?

Hello! Just bought Invision Community Suite (Forum) and trying to migrate. First was error about path in step where I should enter DB data - resolved by changing localhost to server domain. Now I have two problems that freaks me out. 1st is ACP logging me out each second with this notification: Your IP address does not match this session. Help, 2nd: when I upload .htaccess - I see 500 error at any URL. Please - help!

3 hours ago, ЛЕНИН said:

As I mentioned I have forum at /forum, and I want it to stay there. I also have main site, other system. I know Invision has also some front page solutions, or no? I mean Pages. Can they be my front page in future? If yes - should I install Invision Community Suite at / or at /forum?

You can install your suite at site.com. If you use /forums, your other apps will be based there (site.com/forums/gallery etc) when you really want site com/gallery, site.com/calendar etc. If you use forums as your default app, site.com will load the forums but site.com/forums will still load the content. If you use another app as your default, then site.com/forums will be the address of the Forums app anyway.

9 hours ago, Adlago said:

1. Did you manage with a migration vbulletin - ips4?
2. What does your htaccess file contain?
3. If you are already using ips4 - to remove a cache site without using ACP, make a ftp login and remove all files that have a datastore directory

1. Yes, I am doing migration.
  2. Content 
    <IfModule mod_rewrite.c>
    Options -MultiViews
    RewriteEngine On
    RewriteBase /forum/
    RewriteCond %{REQUEST_FILENAME} !-f
    RewriteRule \.(js|css|jpeg|jpg|gif|png|ico|map)(\?|$) /forum/404error.php [L,NC]

RewriteCond %{REQUEST_FILENAME} !-f
    RewriteCond %{REQUEST_FILENAME} !-d
    RewriteRule . /forum/index.php [L]
    </IfModule>

3. I am on vBulletin, I closed it and doing migration

I for now changed Check IP address when validating session? to off, so I can migrate. After migration will try to solve this.

8 hours ago, Black Tiger said:

In addition to Adlago:

1.) Does the vbulletin 3.8 also say domain instead of localhost in the config?

2.) 500 are internal server errors which are normally thrown into the webserver's error logs, what does your webserver logfile say?

1. No, it is server address)
  2. I have this and many other logs from SE bots:
    22.02 08:29:38	172.68.239.172	GET / HTTP/1.0" 500 3796 "" "PHP (www.ukraine.com.ua), hosted by www.ukraine.com.ua

Archived