Community

Ramsesx

The mobile revolution

By Christmas I expect foldable devices to be out in the market.  I think people are tiring of the iPhone tile and looking for something more exciting.

On ‎2‎/‎21‎/‎2019 at 9:19 AM, Ramsesx said:

In a few years, I guess this will be the new standard of mobile phones. What do you think?

They are too large and too expensive to replace the current phones.

I think they are a good POC for a portable tablet but I don't see them becoming mainstream just yet mostly based on price.

Usually these things struggle until Apple comes along and makes them mainstream.

steve jobs apple GIF

Next one, Huawei Mate X, looks even better than the Samsung:

1 hour ago, Matt said:

Usually these things struggle until Apple comes along and makes them mainstream.

My guess, Apple will follow soon in offering something similar. 

Edited by Ramsesx

2 hours ago, Misi said:

They are too large and too expensive to replace the current phones.

They will get smaller, thinner and cheaper, that's how technology works.

Do you remember?

Bildergebnis für first mobile phones

pictureperfect

1200px-DEC_VT100_terminal.jpg

Car-803311.jpg

Best phone I ever had was the nokia 6210 then they made it a bit better with the 6310i even now I say nothing beats my older phones and I have had a few hundred in my lifetime lol ( I had 4 different ones last year 😂😂 )

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Nokia_6210

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Nokia_6310i

Edited by TheJackal84

I agree with matt. It feels like we are still at a POC stage. They still have a little way to go before they will become something everyone owns.

If you see the real world usage in detail it gets fascinating more and more. I am sure this large screens will replace the normal size devices very soon.

Posted (edited)

I'm sorry, but.... Not A Phone syndrome just keeps getting worse. A phone is a phone, or should be. So much focus on making it something it is not. Where has that got us? Oh, right, 1000$+ phablets that can't even be fit into a pocket, and an entire generation more engrossed in their phablets than socializing in the real world around them. These are no improvement, just the next fad for people to waste money on, break in short order, and buy again and again like mindless drones. The cycle will continue until morale declines, clearly.

Edited by Marcher Technologies