Jump to content
You're invited! Join our 4.6 Live Event on ZOOM 6/24 ×

Community

Mobile app, still...


kmk
 Share

IPS MOBILE APP, BAD OR GOOD  

44 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Recommended Posts

Hello, I know a time before IPS said that, no mobile app because don't believe this direction bring good things... But, still believe no mobile app for ips is best strategy? 

Maybe interesting to know how many app license ips can sell if they invest in this matter. So at the same time this is not only a feedback, is a vote topic too, please vote this for our better platform development future, because we there... 

Edited by kmk
Link to comment
Share on other sites

How much does this mythical app cost?

Without knowing the cost I can’t say yes I have the budget, my girlfriend wouldn’t understand if I told her we have to remortgage the house as I clicked yes to having a unlimited budget on a forum poll for an app

 

Edit because this will be merged unless I wait 5 minutes.

Whats going on here then, why is the first line using a larger font that doesn’t show in the editor? Haven’t copied and pasted a thing either. 

 

A0F0AF18-4D10-4CD8-A541-CC5FAF74ABAF.png

9E2358CE-C957-497A-9E74-FDF62260E422.png

Edited by dayh
Link to comment
Share on other sites

5 hours ago, dayh said:

How much does this mythical app cost?

Without knowing the cost I can’t say yes I have the budget, my girlfriend wouldn’t understand if I told her we have to remortgage the house as I clicked yes to having a unlimited budget on a forum poll for an app

 

Edit because this will be merged unless I wait 5 minutes.

Whats going on here then, why is the first line using a larger font that doesn’t show in the editor? Haven’t copied and pasted a thing either. 

 

A0F0AF18-4D10-4CD8-A541-CC5FAF74ABAF.png

9E2358CE-C957-497A-9E74-FDF62260E422.png

Maybe you can vote yes, then whrite your budget. How much if IPS want to offers it? You don't know, me too, because right now we only leave our feedback that try to tell to IPS how many people (people that navigate in ips community and taking a look into this topic, and want to vote) want to invest more for an mobile app made by IPS team. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

The poll still doesn’t make logical sense. The question asked is “Do you will pay a little more for an ips official app?”. This is a question that can be answered with yes or no. But the “no” answer now also says “I don’t need it”, which is a completely separate statement from being willing to pay more. 

And I also agree with the previous comment, that this poll makes little sense without quantifying the additional costs. We recently had a third-party developer who gave up on this, specifically for the reason that people interested in it weren’t actually willing to pay what was necessary to cover the development. Being interested alone isn’t enough. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 minutes ago, opentype said:

The poll still doesn’t make logical sense. The question asked is “Do you will pay a little more for an ips official app?”. This is a question that can be answered with yes or no. But the “no” answer now also says “I don’t need it”, which is a completely separate statement from being willing to pay more. 

And I also agree with the previous comment, that this poll makes little sense without quantifying the additional costs. We recently had a third-party developer who gave up on this, specifically for the reason that people interested in it weren’t actually willing to pay what was necessary to cover the development. Being interested alone isn’t enough. 

Maybe leave the statement here, (you know english is my bad) then I can make it better like you say. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

6 hours ago, Nathan Explosion said:

Why not make it a simple yes/no, instead of diluting the 'no' responses to 4 options and leaving your preferred result as a single option?

 

4 minutes ago, opentype said:

yes/no

Done 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

I'll pay a lot more. That is if...

1. The mobile app supports both forums AND IPS applications. Much of my website is built around Pages, so this kind of support is a must.

2. The product works and is supported by the developers. My main concern with third-party solutions is that the developers may abandon the product or lack good support leaving customers stuck. As a consumer, I want to have confidence in the product.

I understand that creating an app takes time, money, and resources, but in this day and age where mobile usage is at its highest in consumer and business environments, I'm surprised that an app of this kind has not already been developed.

Edited by GrooveOnBeat
Link to comment
Share on other sites

18 hours ago, GrooveOnBeat said:

I'm surprised that an app of this kind has not already been developed.

It was, and it flopped. Hence why IPS has poured a lot of effort into a responsive theme 

App: IPS 3.2-3.3 days. Read around the Blog. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

6 hours ago, Aiwa said:

It was, and it flopped. Hence why IPS has poured a lot of effort into a responsive theme 

App: IPS 3.2-3.3 days. Read around the Blog. 

I came across these blog entries...

and previously by Charles...

 

From what I gather the primary reason that the IPS app did not succeed was the lack of a "proficient mobile app development team". That was then. Maybe the timing at that time wasn't right? Jumping onto the latest and greatest doesn't always deliver desired results in a shifting market. 2019 is a whole different world now and how people use their phones and tablets have changed a lot. Attempting a mobile app now doesn't have to be re-tracing the steps of yesterday. A different time poses a different approach. I guess the question is whether it's worth the time and resources...Again?

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

 Share

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

We use technologies, such as cookies, to customise content and advertising, to provide social media features and to analyse traffic to the site. We also share information about your use of our site with our trusted social media, advertising and analytics partners. See more about cookies and our Privacy Policy