ThreadSarter: Games

ThreadStarter: Games allows users to easily create topics about games and fill them with content automatically.

overview.thumb.png.d767c4b6a95287649947578bd08343e7.png

Features

• Users can add games to topics. After attaching a game, which can be done easily using a search with auto complete, the thread will show various information about it above the post.
  • Works for PC, Xbox, PS4, switch or any other console game.
  • The topic will display logo, screenshots, description text and various other information about the game.
  • Discussed games can be shown in adjustable widgets which allow random, recently posted, most discussed and much more...
  • Posting games can be restricted to certain forums.
  • Game forums can show game content with the game logo above the topic list.
  • Access rights to edit and post games.

How to Install

• Go to ACP > applications and upload the downloaded tar file.
  • After installation a free Giant Bomb API key has to be added in the settings. The API key can be obtained here.
  • It is recommended to enable 'Serve images from local server?' in the IPB settings to improve performance.
  • Note: Only available in english. For multi language support have a look at ThreadStarter: Steam
  • Note: The API has a rate limit, it is usually enough to attach at least 50 games per hour.

Demo

noexcept.de

Buy it now

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 5 months later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 5 months later...

Hi,

I cannot reproduce the issue.
I tested with IPB v4.5.2 and installed my plugins using the marketplace search in the ACP.

Which version of IPB are you using? Are you installing the latest versions of the plugins (1.1.1 and 1.0.7)
Is there a more detailed error shown in one of the ACP log pages?

If you send me a PM with a test account for your forum I can have a look myself to see what is going wrong.

Edited by batarjal
On 9/13/2020 at 10:04 AM, batarjal said:

Hi,

I cannot reproduce the issue.
I tested with IPB v4.5.2 and installed my plugins using the marketplace search in the ACP.

Which version of IPB are you using? Are you installing the latest versions of the plugins (1.1.1 and 1.0.7)
Is there a more detailed error shown in one of the ACP log pages?

If you send me a PM with a test account for your forum I can have a look myself to see what is going wrong.

I'm running the latest for everything.

The error in system log is the same:

4C133/6	We could not parse the application.json file for this application because it is missing or corrupt. Please contact the author for an updated copy of this application.

I can toss you a pm.

• 11 months later...

@batarjal

Does threadstarter games mod use lazy load? I mean for widgets.

Google page speed score gives me hard time when the widget is full of full-size images from giantbomb.com its essential to generate thumbnails and also take advantage of lazyload (if it doesnt yet, I dont know how to check if it does).

Same goes for THREADSTARTER MUSIC.

Edited by Maxxius
  • 5 months later...
2 hours ago, EmpireKicking said:

Is this still being supported? 

I have a little request for all of your thread starter. Where it say to "Attach game" in the input box is to make it as an reqirement 🙂 So many members ar eposting topics and forgetting to type in the inbox of the game.. Thanks

I think the dude is gone. I contacted him a couple of weeks ago too but not a single response from him. 

14 minutes ago, Greek76 said:

I think the dude is gone. I contacted him a couple of weeks ago too but not a single response from him. 

Really, another developer gone 😞 All the plugins that I use just like no more support and updates. Even the "Clubs Enhancements" is no longer. makes running an IPB that little harder.