500 Error - Problem after serverchange

Stephan Schmied

Hi,

we want to change our server but after copying the files and editing the htaccess we got error 500

An error occurred (500 Error)
We're sorry, but a temporary technical error has occurred which means we cannot display this site right now. 

No such file or directory

You can try again by clicking the button below, or try again later. 

Try again

Does someone has an idea what we basically forgot?

Thanks! 
Stephan

5 minutes ago, Stephan Schmied said:

Hi,

we want to change our server but after copying the files and editing the htaccess we got error 500

An error occurred (500 Error)
We're sorry, but a temporary technical error has occurred which means we cannot display this site right now. 

No such file or directory

You can try again by clicking the button below, or try again later. 

Try again

Does someone has an idea what we basically forgot?

Thanks! 
Stephan

Do you get same issue in Admin CP or is this mainly on front end ? if only front run the support tool and will clear any cache that been stored.

Admin cp has this error message:

Fatal error: Uncaught IPS\Db\Exception: No such file or directory in /home/DIR/system/Db/Db.php:205 Stack trace: #0 /home/DIR/system/Db/Db.php(118): IPS\_Db::_establishConnection('IPS\\Db', Array, true) #1 /home/DIR/system/Session/Admin.php(113): IPS\_Db::i() #2 [internal function]: IPS\Session\_Admin->write('feq0a6rm5g6b0u2...', '') #3 {main} thrown in /xxxxxxxxx/system/Db/Db.php on line 205

5 minutes ago, Stephan Schmied said:

Are there folders or files I have to setup the rights manualy? maybe the session dir?  

Check through ftp access to the presence of this file that your system logs shows.

No such file or directory in /home/tensewatch/physiowissen.de/system/Db/Db.php

file is okay - line 205 says:

if( $error = mysqli_connect_error() )
        {
            $errorNumber = $object->connect_errno;
            throw new \IPS\Db\Exception( $error, $errorNumber );
        }

I have to check the db connection - maybe the import was currupted

I would add, is the new domain on the same cpanel account?  I.e. the actual database name when copied would be different.  cpanel1_db1  would now likely be cpanel2_db1.  Same for users and all.  

Other thing I would add, is depending on how it was copied, make sure you can actually see the database from the user account.  IIRC, if you copy as root, the ownership may revert to root and not the actual account. 

Archived