Automatic social promotion

Adrian A.

I think I might have found another issue.  I appears that threads that are promoted on Twitter are not using the url shortner if one is setup.  I'm using bit.ly for my links in my tweets, but every tweet going out is from example.com versus bit.ly.  If I manually promote a thread, bit.ly is used.

• 2 weeks later...
On 3/14/2019 at 3:24 PM, puffysticks. said:

Yeah, that's not used. Will do 🙂 Atm I'm working on a request for a community member and then an update to this plugin will be brought.

Did you get a chance to take a look at the issue I was having posting with the RSS Feed?

• 2 weeks later...
On 3/25/2019 at 9:08 PM, Bluto said:

Did you get a chance to take a look at the issue I was having posting with the RSS Feed?

Solved, sorry it took so long. New update on the market.

Also worth mentioning that I didn't forget some of you requested for the posts / topics to be shared after leaving moderation, this will be coming in a later update... For now when you unhide a file, just go ahead an promote the topic / re-promote it in the case of a new post and all done ( yeah I know that's quite more few clicks, yikes ).

37 minutes ago, Bluto said:

@puffysticks. I'm on 4.3.6 (not sure if this issue is isolated to my version) it's promoting the RSS content, but I can't delete any threads.  If I turn off the plugin, I can delete threads again.

Yeah, that seems to be from my plugin. I have no idea why so far as I'm not even touching anything related to delete functions, some troubleshooting must be done. 

Thanks for your feedback, working on it right now.

@puffysticks. I woke up this morning and noticed one my RSS feeds, every time it runs, keeps posting the same content.  Some articles from the feed have posted more than 5 times.  It seems to post the same thing every run.  This particular feed, didn't have an issues before the update.

Since it's the weekend the number of RSS articles is low.  I'll let you know if it keeps happening or this is just a glitch.

I haven't altered how RSS feeds work at it's core. I've just moved the promotion algorithm from a topic creation method to another. I neither do have much experience with RSS feeds but I think when they push a "notice" as new it will be posted even it's the same, so it could be something from that specific feed.

I think something might not be right.  A trusted RSS feed which has been running since I started doing RSS feeds on the site, now it is posting the same thing 3+ times.  In one case, it posted the same article at 3:06, 3:36, and 4:06 pm.  I guess the task is every 30 min.

-----------------------------------------------------------------

Decided to remove the plugin and reinstall to see if that cleared up the issue.  I removed the plugin and re-installed, now it won't save anything.  No matter what I do, the plugin disables itself.

2108001193_Screenshotfrom2019-04-0808-33-09.thumb.png.ef1e4e1f4524bfb132ebb168c244beb0.png

----------------------------------------------------------------

Uninstalled again and reinstalled.  Now it's saving again, but no promotions and multiple posting of the same results.

----------------------------------------------------------------

Not sure what is happening or this is just because of 4.3.6, IDK.  I'm going to have to disable this plugin because, for me, it's causing issues.

Well, the plugin updates have been made on 4.4, so that might be the issue. 

But as I mentioned before I have not altered the way RSS feeds are posted.

I'll setup the plugin and let it run a bit see if I can replicate issue but until then I can't do anything.

• 4 weeks later...

Thanks.  I was curious since is was disabled.

Just tested this again w/ 4.4.x version and it's not promoting my RSS feeds posts and adding 3x the same feed post (duplicates).  Not sure what's happening but it's not working w/ RSS posts.

• 5 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Archived