Converting from vBulletin 4.2.2

Black Tiger

3 minutes ago, Black Tiger said:

Funny thing is my 6 banned users were not flagged as banned. Hmmz...

Maybe still because of re-indexing, but if it's only 6 members you just can ban them again. And of course remove them from the admin group 😉

5 minutes ago, Black Tiger said:

got loads of work still, because also all forum rights need to be setup again.

Yeah, depending how many usergroups, forums and other stuff it can be a hell lot of work, I know this very well. But finally if everything is right, IPS makes a lot of fun.

7 minutes ago, Black Tiger said:

Anyway, thank you for thinkin with me and answering me.

No prob, you're welcome.

Maybe still because of re-indexing, but if it's only 6 members you just can ban them again. And of course remove them from the admin group

😉

It's worse unfortunately.

The 6 members in the banned membergroup did -not- get a banned flag. Even got into the Administrators group.

Then a whole lot of good users got the banned flag, including a lot of my friends premium paying users.

Something went really wrong when converting users. We now will wait until tomorrow to see what happens, but it might be that we have to do a mass unban some way.

6 hours ago, Black Tiger said:

It's worse unfortunately.

The 6 members in the banned membergroup did -not- get a banned flag. Even got into the Administrators group.

Then a whole lot of good users got the banned flag, including a lot of my friends premium paying users.

Something went really wrong when converting users. We now will wait until tomorrow to see what happens, but it might be that we have to do a mass unban some way.

If profile has banned on it should display in banned group tab found in admin Cp this will help see who been banned this could be not been given banned but when converted did choose keep default ips groups or bring over custom ones from VB.

You can recreate a "banned" group by creating a group, calling it whatever you want (i.e. "Banned"), and then setting "Can access site" to no. That said, it's not strictly necessary, however if it helps you better visualize who can access the site you're welcome to go for it.

As for your other concerns, a ticket is your best bet so we can take a look at the original data, what converted, and what (if anything) went wrong exactly.

Hello bfarber.

That's waht I already did and indead it's gives a better visualisation.

Unfortunately, I did send in a ticket, they don't help with mysql commands. It looks like there was already some issue in the vB database with banned statusses, so that's not Invisions problem.

I just would like to have ranks cleared by mysql command, by I don't know how and support does not include mysql commands.

Aand would like to mass-unban a lot of users, but that does not seem possible with invision strangely enough.

I just would like to have ranks cleared by mysql command, by I don't know how and support does not include mysql commands.

Are you referring to the member title (i.e. what shows below your username in the left hand side of a post)? If so, you can use the following:

UPDATE core_members SET member_title='';

Aand would like to mass-unban a lot of users, but that does not seem possible with invision strangely enough.

Are you wanting to unban everyone? If so it could be done with an SQL query.

• 3 weeks later...

Hi there, exact the same case for the conversion from vBulletin 4.2.2 to IPS 4.4.0.

Everything completed quite good but except one but important issue - topics ID numbers are different in some cases,

For this reason I am not able to use custom 301 redirects to IPS FURLs as it points to absolutely another topic for some reason.

For example vBulletin topic with ID 2688 has converted to IPS topic with ID 2605.

But part of topics at least with low number (which are probably exist from the beginning) are ok, ID 11 converted to ID 11.

Maybe converter skip completely deleted topics (spam) which are really deleted but not hidden?  

Any ideas? Any chances to fix the converter or make another workaround?

6 minutes ago, xtraneck said:

Hi there, exact the same case for the conversion from vBulletin 4.2.2 to IPS 4.4.0.

Everything completed quite good but except one but important issue - topics ID numbers are different in some cases,

For this reason I am not able to use custom 301 redirects to IPS FURLs as it points to absolutely another topic for some reason.

For example vBulletin topic with ID 2688 has converted to IPS topic with ID 2605.

But part of topics at least with low number (which are probably exist from the beginning) are ok, ID 11 converted to ID 11.

Maybe converter skip completely deleted topics (spam) which are really deleted but not hidden?  

Any ideas? Any chances to fix the converter or make another workaround?

Topic IDs will change as the converter progresses, that's natural since over time you will have deleted topics from your vBulletin database. The built-in redirects should be able to handle the requests though. If you're having an issue with that, please submit a support ticket and we'll be happy to take a look for you (click client area in the menu at the top)

Archived