Please add a block to display the latest article comments

MMXII

When I open the Block Manager in the frontend of my IPS installation, I can create a Post Feed block (Forums), a Blog Comments block (Blogs) etc. With that I can display the latest comments/answers within the respective application.

What is missing though is a block that allowes to display the latest comments of Pages articles.

Most likely this can be done via a custom block in the AdminCP, but I have no idea how to achieve this. 😥 And since we have such blocks for the other apps, I think Pages should get this too. Right now I cannot display the latest article comments on my site, so I cannot help my users to recognize article comments.

There is an article comments block in the back end. 

If on the front end can you do this?

1. Go to Pages

2. Go to Custom Blocks

3. Click Edit

4. Scroll down to Article Blocks

5. Article Comments Block.

You can configure it in the back end.  It is worth learning this, it won't take any time.   Blocks you make in the back end you can re use, and configure once. If you change it it changes everywhere on the site.  

Don't use the front end to make blocks, just use it to position them.

9 hours ago, socceronly said:

There is an article comments block in the back end.

This is not correct. You can create a feed from articles in the AdminCP. However then the block only displays articles in the frontend.

Check out what is available for the other apps under AdminCP > Pages > Blocks > Create New Block: Post Feed (Forums), Blog Comments (Blogs), Recent Comments (Gallery). These are also available as default blocks in the Block Manager in the frontend. A similar block for article comments is missing, hence my suggestion.

14 minutes ago, socceronly said:

This is on the back end

What is shown there are names/descriptions for blocks you set up or which were set up in 3.4. Those are not the available options for creating blocks. The latter do not contain Pages database comments as an option. There are only feed blocks for the entries itself, as MMXII stated. 

4 hours ago, opentype said:

What is shown there are names/descriptions for blocks you set up or which were set up in 3.4. Those are not the available options for creating blocks. The latter do not contain Pages database comments as an option. There are only feed blocks for the entries itself, as MMXII stated. 

That makes sense. I used them in 3, but not now..  

The other option the guy has to direct the comments to a forum, and use a forum block to dispay them. 

Archived