Pages: Custom image record field

beats23

Is there a code I can place in the Topic Format box of a custom upload field so the field functions the same as the default Record Image field for the image to show as the post cover photo?

I basically need to change the Record image field to required and change the name and description but can't do this with the default record image field.

436018162_ScreenShot2019-01-19at13_13.55copy.thumb.png.ae882cfe69cad1057e573dcff6e1072e.png

I get the part about the description and the field requirement, but other than that: what is the exact behavior of the record image field you want to simulate? You talk about the Topic Format, but that would only change the appearance in a forum topic created from the database record. It wouldn’t change anything else. 

59 minutes ago, opentype said:

I get the part about the description and the field requirement, but other than that: what is the exact behavior of the record image field you want to simulate? You talk about the Topic Format, but that would only change the appearance in a forum topic created from the database record. It wouldn’t change anything else. 

I want to change the name and description on the cover photo field so it's more understandable for the user when they're submitting a tutorial post, and make the field mandatory so I don't end up with posts without a cover photo. An example in the photo below.

Is there a code I can use to achieve this?

Thanks 

1581274812_ScreenShot2019-01-19at15_25_07.thumb.png.3eddd90659b9269c3a6c4b33baace54a.png

Archived