Amazon S3

bridges101

I'm desperate for some help. For the life of me, I can't get Amazon s3 to connect with my site. I get error 403. I looked it up and the error has to do with the access key. I copied and pasted the keys so I don't know what is going.

I watched the video from the guides, that is tuff to follow since Amazon seems to have changed things around a bit.

5 hours ago, bridges101 said:

I'm desperate for some help. For the life of me, I can't get Amazon s3 to connect with my site. I get error 403. I looked it up and the error has to do with the access key. I copied and pasted the keys so I don't know what is going.

I watched the video from the guides, that is tuff to follow since Amazon seems to have changed things around a bit.

They did change quite a few things. You will need to disable (or make a new bucket) the ACLs for the bucket which prevent "public" access.

1 minute ago, bridges101 said:

Thank you I will adjust the bucket.

What happens if I decide not to use s3? Does the system move files back when I change the settings in Invision or is there a option in s3 to download all files?

Yes, IPS will move the files to the new storage engine 

1 minute ago, Ryan Ashbrook said:

Actually, it's not, but there is a bug in the current version that can cause some files to not work properly while the move is in progress, that has been fixed in 4.4.

Huh. This has always been the way it worked for us. I assumed it was normal. Thanks for clearing that up!

1 hour ago, Clover13 said:

Just for a better understanding, what are the reasons you choose S3 storage?  Cost savings over web hosting storage?  Better reliability/redundancy?

Reliability, CloudFront for CDN, backups if necessary. The cost is better (at current) than adding another server just for disk space. Edge loading is also quite nice, or so our overseas users tell us.

Archived