Recent Topics

Hello @Adriano Faria

I am interested in the complement, I have bought it, hoping to have modifications that can be developed, although these changes have additional cost, I am willing to pay for it .

My Suggestions:

• List of topics: Configurable option that allows:
  1. Show the most recent N responses, N must be an adjustable parameter. This option must be enabled (my suggested view) or unreachable (return to the current view) by the administrator.
  2. The answers that are shown in the list (with the suggestion to show the answers), must show a part of the answer, limiting the content to an X number of characters (example: 100 or 200 characters by default). This parameter should be adjusted in the configuration.

NOTE: My suggestion is oriented for small communities applying the same suggestion from the creator of the application, which is not suitable for very large communities.

Beforehand thank you very much.!!

1560405913_06-Feb-201910-46-18AM.thumb.png.52706c84617b09234a50547035919484.png

• 2 weeks later...

Purchased this yesterday. With this plugin enabled I'm getting a "Bad Gateway Error" only when trying to create a new topic under Clubs.

Screen Shots:

rt_1.PNG.ec43ddd5e75b137118b6e2eb9e4ab8ac.PNG

Goto Clubs: (Click on Start new topic)

rt_2.thumb.PNG.ed0e92c40d6cc2fe99ecf236ada2e1e9.PNG

Gives this Error:

rt_3.PNG.64710f72880806e47f0ce71198cc857e.PNG

Disable Recent Topics:

rt_4.PNG.f4db24958be153bf454444abc9d8ec7f.PNG

Goto Clubs and Start a New Topic:

rt_5.thumb.PNG.530fd6a1827e927026f73a2edf3edc34.PNG

Any advice on how to correct this error would greatly be appreciated.

11 minutes ago, Michael Lachney said:

Any advice on how to correct this error would greatly be appreciated.

Michael, it works fine to me on my live board:

The only thing related to Clubs in this plugin is a setting that will include/excluce topics in the block; nothing related to post screen.

Have you tried to run the support tool to rebuild cache?

• 2 months later...

@Adriano Faria - I purchased this yesterday as I just upgraded my forum to 4.4.3 from 3.4.9 and we had an old version of this addon and my users really liked it.

After enabling the addon though, I noticed my board was much more sluggish, whereas it has been quite speedy since upgrading to 4.4.3.

This morning I awoke to CPU alerts (I am on a VPS), site up/down notices, etc. and could barely get into the ACP to disable your addon.

I should mention that it is the only addon installed besides "Who Was Online" addon found here: 

Once I did disable your addon though, my board is back to normal, and is running fine.

I did see via Chrome's Console that there were a lot of timeouts, etc. when the addon was enabled.

What are my options at this point? I really like the addon, but if it's not an issue that can be resolved, I would appreciate you considering a refund.

Thanks for your efforts and let me know (either here or via PM) what can be done.

22 minutes ago, Joy Rex said:

What are my options at this point?

Increase the seconds, remove from guests, etc. This plugin does nothing more than update the list via ajax call to list X last topics sorted by replies, using IPS framework built-in methods (getItemsWithPermission). Nothing bizarre or out of IPS pattern is there.

Test it for a day or two and let me know via PM if you want to be refunded. 

2 minutes ago, Adriano Faria said:

Increase the seconds, remove from guests, etc. This plugin does nothing more than update the list via ajax call to list X last topics sorted by replies, using IPS framework built-in methods (getItemsWithPermission). Nothing bizarre or out of IPS pattern is there.

Test it for a day or two and let me know via PM if you want to be refunded. 

Okay - I will give it a try (I had it on the default 30 seconds BTW) and let you know. Thank you!

• 3 months later...

It works great, very useful! 
I would like to ask a few questions.

1. Is it possible to make it accumulate when updating the list? For example, the user has set the value to 8 and does not refresh the page. When another topic appears in the list, the latter does not disappear, and they become 9. When a page is refreshed, everything is reset to 8. There used to be a similar plugin from someone, it worked exactly that way, and it was very convenient.

2. Is it possible to choose a font and/or font size? The current one is quite large.

3. Is it possible to make the Our Picks block just behind the Recent Topics block? That is: Recent Topics, Our Picks, Forums.

4. Is it possible to place tags on the same line as the topic name? Now, if a topic has tags, then its display in three lines, it is quite a lot.

Thanks

Translated with www.DeepL.com/Translator

Edited by Asm
  • 3 months later...

Hi

Having an issue since upgrading from 4,3,6 to 4,4,8 and have now upgraded to 4.4.9 to see if that resolved the problem.

When the topic list is refreshed or you refresh your browser or go back to the main forum where recent topics is displayed, the MySQL CPU goes up to 54% - 70%, this in turn is increasing the load on the server. Usually MYSQL CPU ticks over 0.5 to 1%.   As forum members online increase so does the load on the forum. Its also making the main forum loading slightly slower than normal.  Disabling Recent Topics plugin restores MYSQL back to normal and forum loading. 

When the forum was running 4.3.6 there were no issues with MYSQL or CPU load even having it set with a low ajax setting and many members online, I have tried re-installing, disabling all other plugins and applications. adjusting ajax seconds and its disabled from guest view, also only shows 3 topics.  

My members really like this plugin so I am hoping there is a fix for this issue.

Thanks for you time

13 minutes ago, Adriano Faria said:

Nothing has changed in the plugin so I’m not sure there’s something to fix. Will take a look. 

Not sure if it helps but just enabled the IPS recent topics just to see if that has the same issue, although very basic compared to yours. There is no issue with CPU

Thank you for your reply 

• 1 month later...
On 1/17/2020 at 1:35 PM, Adriano Faria said:

What's New in Version 1.0.3:

Enhancements:

• This version will reduce the CPU load when updating the list

I upgraded my forum to 4.4.9.2 and the plug in with this update and it no longer shows on the forum, I have ran the support tool and checked the default theme, uninstalled and reinstalled, all a no go

10 hours ago, JustHatched said:

I upgraded my forum to 4.4.9.2 and the plug in with this update and it no longer shows on the forum, I have ran the support tool and checked the default theme, uninstalled and reinstalled, all a no go

Working as expected:

You probably have a cache issue. Run the support tool and click in the DISABLE ALL and RE-ENABLE ALL plugins in the Plugins page; that should update the cache properly.

• 1 month later...