Recent Topics

About This File

This plugin will show a box with the last five topics/posts on board index. The list is automatically updated at every X seconds.

ACP Settings:

• Block position: Before of After forums categories
  • Display topic author photo
  • Hide the Recent Topics block from mobile devices
  • Hide the Recent Topics block from small screens devices (tablet, netbook, notebook, etc.)
  • Number of topics to show
  • Ability to update member's personal number of topics setting to meet the Admin CP setting
  • Display Moderator Options: Moderator Options will appear only to those who can moderate content
  • Show block to specific groups
  • Display topics from Clubs
  • Exclude Forums: option to select which forums to NOT pull topics from
  • Display effect and flash message when the list get updated
  • Time to automatically update the topics list

Member Setings (Account Settings):

• Display Recent Topics
  • Number of topics to show
  • Exclude topics from

Sponsored by @JustHatched

Edited by Adriano Faria

Thank you for adding those extra options

Just one small issue, when setting from the ACP number of topics to show to 3, recent topics on the forum still shows as 5. Tried clearing cache etc

I want to set topics to show for every one to 3 and then they can adjust to what they want, setting from members account works ok though. 

23 minutes ago, bearback said:

Just one small issue, when setting from the ACP number of topics to show to 3, recent topics on the forum still shows as 5. Tried clearing cache etc

That’s because member setting has preference (Account Settings) and it has 5 as default value, like the ACP setting. 

You can run in your SQL Toolbox:

update core_members set recent_topics_nr = 3;

I will think in a way to reset this. 

12 minutes ago, bearback said:

sorry to ask but How do I stop recent topics from showing in mobile devices? I used custom.css for IPS default topic feed but cannot figure it out.

Edit the template core -> global -> plugins -> recentTopics and find:

<div class="ipsBox {$spacer}" data-controller="plugins.recentTopics" data-recenttopics-interval="{setting="recentTopicsInterval"}" data-recenttopics-showloading="{setting="recentTopicsShowLoading"}">

Change to:

<div class="ipsBox {$spacer} ipsResponsive_showDesktop" data-controller="plugins.recentTopics" data-recenttopics-interval="{setting="recentTopicsInterval"}" data-recenttopics-showloading="{setting="recentTopicsShowLoading"}">

Adding ipsResponsive_showDesktop will hide from mobile devices.

13 minutes ago, JustHatched said:

@Adriano Faria, I updated to the new version and now in the permissions it won't save the permission of who to show it to, I had it set to ALL but it has unchecked all usergroups, I tired a couple times to save it, ran support tool, unstalled and reinstalled. None of which fixed it.

No change was made in this specific setting. It works fine on my live board:

Uninstall the plugin. Clear cache. Reinstall the plugin. If still insists, drop a PM so I can take a look in your board.

5 minutes ago, Adriano Faria said:

No change was made in this specific setting. It works fine on my live board:

Uninstall the plugin. Clear cache. Reinstall the plugin. If still insists, drop a PM so I can take a look in your board.

It's sorted, sorry to post when for some reason I was having issue. When I posted the above the info was accurate. I unistalled, cleared cache, reinstalled version 1.0.0 and it worked fine. Updated to 1.0.1 and it saved the permissions and showed on IPS theme and 1 of my 2 custom themes (even though they are identical themes). I reinstalled the theme and it working, so I dunno, weird stuff

1 hour ago, Adriano Faria said:

Edit the template core -> global -> plugins -> recentTopics and find:

<div class="ipsBox {$spacer}" data-controller="plugins.recentTopics" data-recenttopics-interval="{setting="recentTopicsInterval"}" data-recenttopics-showloading="{setting="recentTopicsShowLoading"}">

Change to:

<div class="ipsBox {$spacer} ipsResponsive_showDesktop" data-controller="plugins.recentTopics" data-recenttopics-interval="{setting="recentTopicsInterval"}" data-recenttopics-showloading="{setting="recentTopicsShowLoading"}">

Adding ipsResponsive_showDesktop will hide from mobile devices.

just notice when adding the ipsResponsive_showDesktop 

On the forum it looses the space between Recent Topics Block and the forums?

2019-01-14_18-05-37.thumb.jpg.4f71f9d8658cea6fc4d43e9937cb62f7.jpg

Edited by bearback

What's New in Version 1.0.2:

New features:

• Setting to hide the Recent Topics block from mobile devices
  • Setting to hide the Recent Topics block from small screens devices (tablet, netbook, notebook, etc.)
  • Setting to update member's personal number of topics setting to meet the Admin CP setting

Fix:

• Fix template in mobile devices/tablets

@bearback, remove the edits you made to the template. Now you can hide the block via settings.

• 2 weeks later...