AdminCP Timeout Warning / Prompt...

Teddy Rogers

I was recently in AdminCP editing the terms and privacy policy. Whilst I was busy typing away my login period must have expired. When I hit the save button I was sent to the login page and all my work was lost. The third time this occurred I nearly mashed my keyboard through my desk.

Maybe I am slow at thinking/typing and I need to work on improving that. Anyway... the point is it would be nice if there was a prompt to warn me that I am about to timeout. Other sites do a similar thing and give you the option to extend and continue working.

An implementation like this may save a keyboards life...

Ted.

I guess this never happened to you in the frontend because of the pooling? If we don't have one yet in 4.4 ( I'm on my phone so can't verify it yet) with the new ACP notifications system, I guess it would be a great enhancement to also introduce polling in the ACP too

I have never experienced a timeout similar to this in the forums, it has only occurred for me in the AdminCP.

Any settings to allow changing the timeout duration or a prompt for an extension of time would be perfect.

Even saving the contents located in CKEditor of AdminCP, so that after logging back in, it is still there to be used would be great. I believe this is something already being done from the front-end...

Ted.

Archived