New host > 500 error

claustrier

I have changed my host, DNS is in place (same domain name)

- Changed to default theme, put site offline, cleared all cache via support tool

- Copied all files to new host, directory is /public_html - same as on the old host

- Copied database into new one

- Updated conf_global.php with new server name, database name, user and password

Now I'm getting

An error occurred (500 Error)

We're sorry, but a temporary technical error has occurred which means we cannot display this site right now. 

You can try again by clicking the button below, or try again later. 

Try again
if I go to my admin page I'm (also) getting 
Fatal error: Uncaught IPS\Http\Url\Exception: INVALID_URL in /home/vildmedg/public_html/system/Http/Url.php:835 Stack trace: #0 /home/vildmedg/public_html/system/Http/Url.php(211): IPS\Http\_Url::componentsFromUrlString('/') #1 /home/vildmedg/public_html/system/Request/Request.php(253): IPS\Http\_Url::createFromString('https://www.vil...', true, true) #2 /home/vildmedg/public_html/system/Session/Admin.php(121): IPS\_Request->url() #3 [internal function]: IPS\Session\_Admin->write('fee9bb03ed833cd...', '') #4 [internal function]: session_write_close() #5 {main} thrown in /home/vildmedg/public_html/system/Http/Url.php on line 835
I have spent a lot if time on this now, and I'm going around in circles to solve this - what am I missing????

What's your base_url set to in your conf_global.php? I'm willing to bet it’s empty. It's trying to decode '/' which isn't a valid URL, and a ‘/‘ is appended to the end of the base_url if it’s not there. 

Or, a syntax error was introduced to your conf_global.php when it was updated that’s being suppressed. 

5 minutes ago, claustrier said:

Thanks 🙂

Problem was the new host had overwritten .htaccess with an empty file...

One new small problem - the site works in Chrome for mac, but if I use Firefox and Safari (+ Safari on iPad), the reply field, dropdown menus etc. dont work) ??

Usually a cache problem, run the support tool. 🙂

There are JS errors on your website at the moment.

PKK3TiQ.png

Can you please try running the support tool in your AdminCP and see if clearing your websites cached data will resolve the issue?

If that doesn't work, try disabling any third-party applications/plugins you have installed.

I have run the support tool and cleared cache

Also tried disabling all 3.party plugins, seems the same here...

Tried on another pc, on this i cant use the site, nieither in chrome nor firefox??

Some user have the same problems, others report that they can access the site just fine...

On the browsers that dont work, the url changes when i try and press somewhere that should result in a popup/fropdown..

Like this https://www.vildmedgolf.dk/#elCreateNew_menu

Checked the ajax pagination on the default theme - its turned off now (see no difference here) - good point though..

also tried selecting the placement of the javascript from just before body to inside of the head tag, see no difference there either

deleted all themes and made a new one without any settings (turned ajax pagination off though) - still no difference...

Archived