Pages Legend News - Supporttopic

Hi,

Please use one area for the support request.

---

About review comment ... Thanks for bringing to my attention. It will be fix in the next update.

51 minutes ago, Poseidon2 said:

I sent you a message but I think it would be more efficient here

I've just buy the Legend news from the market place and I have a big problem : When I add the bloc in my homepage, it break evrything !

I need a link for this but, I don't think you are using Pages legends page builder here. I think it's IPS Two column Page builder. regardless, Pages legend block seems doesn't have it's necessary CCS classes. Since you can see good result in first try and refresh make it broken, Use CTRL+F5 to refresh the page and see if it's works. It need to be tested in other browsers as well.

33 minutes ago, Poseidon2 said:

Another problem on the page link to my database :

In ACP navigate to Site Features > Plugins > Legend News > and change the setting for "I'm using IPS Wrapper".

Edited by shahed
6 minutes ago, Poseidon2 said:

Rearding the model page, I inly have these choice :

image.png.22fe147e4ba0591bfa56920366ad0ece.png

I cannot put "None" as shown in the install file....

The best choice when you using IPS Wrapper is normally single column, then when you setting up your page contents with sidebar blocks, use blue area in the middle and right. leave top/bottom blue areas for global messages and horizontal blocks.

Anyway for this one I need to investigate in your website. I don't see such problem happen in my tests when I use Legend news block. please provide me ACP access in PM.

• 7 months later...
3 hours ago, mardiv said:

Hi, I just bought your Pages Legend News and its not working, all templates are broken. Also plugin is showing version 2.0.0. not 2.3.

Thanks

Hi,

Version is right. database set up seems need review.

Please provide me with ACP access in PM.

• 5 months later...

@shahed
Hey there. I've just updated to 3.6, and witnessed the following issue that on 3.6 the social buttons on the right side do not fit well any longer due to the newly added sharing buttons bellow where you can only see the M...

This is because i've set the Social Link Position in my THEME set to Header Background.

image.png.1246befb90cec01b61e0018dd0860dc7.png

image.png.92656af4be20e9d4a3fd6b49a84619fb.png

When set to Footer, it looks like this, and the social buttons are neither on the footer nor anywhere else:
image.png.7c4220055676130b78cdbd56dabc5cb1.png

1 hour ago, Everade said:

@shahed
Hey there. I've just updated to 3.6, and witnessed the following issue that on 3.6 the social buttons on the right side do not fit well any longer due to the newly added sharing buttons bellow where you can only see the M...

This is because i've set the Social Link Position in my THEME set to Header Background.

image.png.1246befb90cec01b61e0018dd0860dc7.png

image.png.92656af4be20e9d4a3fd6b49a84619fb.png

When set to Footer, it looks like this, and the social buttons are neither on the footer nor anywhere else:
image.png.7c4220055676130b78cdbd56dabc5cb1.png

Hi,

Thanks for bringing to my attention. will be fix in 3.5.1 along bunch of other issues.

Quick fix: add following CSS classes to your legendnews.css:

.legend_topShares .ipsButton, .legend_shares .ipsButton {
    width: 28px;
    height: 28px;
    line-height: 28px;
    text-align: center;
    border-radius: 16px;
    display: inline-block;
    font-size: 0;
    margin: 0 5px !important;
    padding: 0;
}
.legend_topShares .ipsButton::before, .legend_shares .ipsButton::before {
    content: "\f064";
    font: normal normal normal 14px/1 FontAwesome;
    text-rendering: auto;
    color: rgb( var(--theme-light_button_font) );
    font-size: 14px !important;
    line-height: 2em;
}

@shahed

Thanks, that worked great to fix the button.
However there are still some cases that the buttons don't show up at all.
It works on my old news, but my 3 latest news seem to have this issue. 
I just don't know why.

Notice:
When debugging the website i noticed that the share buttons are not loaded at all.

image.png.2c1acd122b477b49a55334dc57681d1c.png

Edited by Everade
5 hours ago, Everade said:

@shahed

Thanks, that worked great to fix the button.
However there are still some cases that the buttons don't show up at all.
It works on my old news, but my 3 latest news seem to have this issue. 
I just don't know why.

Notice:
When debugging the website i noticed that the share buttons are not loaded at all.

image.png.2c1acd122b477b49a55334dc57681d1c.png

I can't reproduce this. you say your old news doesn't have this problem but new ones does? I have test this but social links display same way as the rest. there shouldn't be old or new. all articles uses same template.

Screenshot-2021-06-21-at-05-08-37-Lorem-ipsum.thumb.jpg.0896717a375aba7e3e7ec76a1e6914d6.jpg

Are you using Legend News  3.5.0 on a IPS 4.6.x? Also could you provide me links?

7 hours ago, shahed said:

Are you using Legend News  3.5.0 on a IPS 4.6.x? Also could you provide me links?

Yes

And no i can't share links, because i noticed it's only not working on hidden news.

They have a future-publish date
image.png.b07eef161d443b4369aaeeae6b98522c.png
And the status is hidden
image.png.b777ea1aa80343b8d742497c0741289b.png

So i guess they will work once i release them.
Which should be fine. 😋

Thank you

Edited by Everade

@shahed

Error: Undefined constant "IPS\Theme\legendgn_listing_grids_byline" (0)
#0 /community/applications/cms/sources/Theme/Theme.php(610) : eval()'d code(722): IPS\Theme\class_cms_database_LegendListing->recordRow(Object(IPS\Helpers\Table\Content), Array, Array)
#1 /community/system/Helpers/Table/Table.php(564): IPS\Theme\class_cms_database_LegendListing->categoryTable(Object(IPS\Helpers\Table\Content), Array, Array, NULL, true)
#2 /community/applications/cms/modules/front/database/category.php(702): IPS\Helpers\Table\_Table->__toString()
#3 /community/applications/cms/modules/front/database/category.php(40): IPS\cms\modules\front\database\_category->view()
#4 /community/system/Dispatcher/Controller.php(101): IPS\cms\modules\front\database\_category->manage()
#5 /community/applications/cms/sources/Databases/Dispatcher.php(327): IPS\Dispatcher\_Controller->execute()
#6 /community/system/Theme/Theme.php(4495) : eval()'d code(9): IPS\cms\Databases\_Dispatcher->run()
#7 /community/applications/cms/sources/Pages/Page.php(1245): IPS\Theme\content_pages_4()
#8 /community/applications/cms/sources/Pages/Page.php(2250): IPS\cms\Pages\_Page->getHtmlContent()
#9 /community/applications/cms/modules/front/pages/page.php(116): IPS\cms\Pages\_Page->output()
#10 /community/applications/cms/modules/front/pages/page.php(43): IPS\cms\modules\front\pages\_page->view()
#11 /community/system/Dispatcher/Controller.php(101): IPS\cms\modules\front\pages\_page->manage()
#12 /community/applications/cms/modules/front/pages/page.php(33): IPS\Dispatcher\_Controller->execute()
#13 /community/system/Dispatcher/Dispatcher.php(153): IPS\cms\modules\front\pages\_page->execute()
#14 /community/index.php(13): IPS\_Dispatcher->run()
#15 {main}

2 minutes ago, Everade said:

@shahed

Error: Undefined constant "IPS\Theme\legendgn_listing_grids_byline" (0)
#0 /community/applications/cms/sources/Theme/Theme.php(610) : eval()'d code(722): IPS\Theme\class_cms_database_LegendListing->recordRow(Object(IPS\Helpers\Table\Content), Array, Array)
#1 /community/system/Helpers/Table/Table.php(564): IPS\Theme\class_cms_database_LegendListing->categoryTable(Object(IPS\Helpers\Table\Content), Array, Array, NULL, true)
#2 /community/applications/cms/modules/front/database/category.php(702): IPS\Helpers\Table\_Table->__toString()
#3 /community/applications/cms/modules/front/database/category.php(40): IPS\cms\modules\front\database\_category->view()
#4 /community/system/Dispatcher/Controller.php(101): IPS\cms\modules\front\database\_category->manage()
#5 /community/applications/cms/sources/Databases/Dispatcher.php(327): IPS\Dispatcher\_Controller->execute()
#6 /community/system/Theme/Theme.php(4495) : eval()'d code(9): IPS\cms\Databases\_Dispatcher->run()
#7 /community/applications/cms/sources/Pages/Page.php(1245): IPS\Theme\content_pages_4()
#8 /community/applications/cms/sources/Pages/Page.php(2250): IPS\cms\Pages\_Page->getHtmlContent()
#9 /community/applications/cms/modules/front/pages/page.php(116): IPS\cms\Pages\_Page->output()
#10 /community/applications/cms/modules/front/pages/page.php(43): IPS\cms\modules\front\pages\_page->view()
#11 /community/system/Dispatcher/Controller.php(101): IPS\cms\modules\front\pages\_page->manage()
#12 /community/applications/cms/modules/front/pages/page.php(33): IPS\Dispatcher\_Controller->execute()
#13 /community/system/Dispatcher/Dispatcher.php(153): IPS\cms\modules\front\pages\_page->execute()
#14 /community/index.php(13): IPS\_Dispatcher->run()
#15 {main}

Oh no this one doesn't have anything to do with PHP 8.x

This is one of the issues that already being fixed for 2.5.1 👍

2 minutes ago, Everade said:

Well i don't have this error when running on PHP 7.4.16 only on PHP 8.0.3
But alright ^^

Well it probably tells running the website with PHP 8.x finally triggered this old unnoticed bug. there is two parameter in templates that being missed to use. normally this error log should display to us long ago and dated back to early versions 😀. for me log appear after upgrade to IPS 4.6 and it is one of the problems that being fixed for 2.5.1. it will be roll out soon.

• 3 months later...

Hello @shahed

Hope you are doing well. Quick question about the News module.

• Can the module's permissions be changed so that only certain user groups can see it?
  • Do categories have customizable user group permissions?
  • Can we limit specific user groups from posting news? 

Thanks a lot

Edited by OptimusBain
2 hours ago, OptimusBain said:

Hello @shahed

Hope you are doing well. Quick question about the News module.

• Can the module's permissions be changed so that only certain user groups can see it?
  • Do categories have customizable user group permissions?
  • Can we limit specific user groups from posting news? 

Thanks a lot

Hi,

Yes to all three. but just like @Sonya* pointed out, Legend News is just a set of templates for using in IPS Pages app and this app is required for using Legend News. as you can see in demo, in Pages app you can set up Database with Legend News templates and all the permissions for view, add article, send comments etc per user group, create categories and their own permission settings.

Edited by shahed
  • 2 months later...

Hi,

2 hours ago, L00PING said:

Should we have a new database, because there is nothing in the administration.

In ACP > Pages app section (same as your first screenshot) you need either create a new database or editing an existing database. in both scenario you have to assign your new templates (listed in Additional Information tab of the resource page) to that database. something like this:

102440220_Screenshot2022-01-05180218.thumb.jpg.9cf8a26de042960298daa353195ed3de.jpg

After that you can save this settings for your database and visit. you can customize the look and style of these templates with plugin setting at ACP > Plugins > Legend News (pencil icon / edit)

There are some useful guide bout managing Pages app can be find here as well.