Content History

About This File

Content History will keep a track of the latest content items viewed by members, so they can have access to them faster. Members will be able to view only items accessed by themselves.

Notes:

• Each content item type will have its own tab. Pages will have one tab per database
  • Each tab will use template from the source content item
  • Moderator actions will be available for those who can moderate the content
  • Admins will be able to view content items viewed by all members in Logs module on ACP

• 1 month later...
  • 11 months later...
On 1/20/2020 at 2:53 PM, Adriano Faria said:

All apps that has Content Item model, like these you said, will be there. 👍

Thanks, it doesn't work with VideoBox, but that's maybe an implementation issue, I will take it up with @onlyME.

On a broader note, would you consider allowing additional tracking urls in the ACP? For example, allow the user to add one or more  url/* - like this:

Name: VideoBox          Url to track: xxxx.xxx/video/*

I guess there's a little more to it than that, for example how to extract the name of the entity being viewed, but it might be a simple, but very useful add?

Edited by christopher-w
clarification
1 hour ago, christopher-w said:

Thanks, it doesn't work with VideoBox, but that's maybe an implementation issue

It should if it’s a content item. 

1 hour ago, christopher-w said:

On a broader note, would you consider allowing additional tracking urls in the ACP? For example, allow the user to add one or more  url/* - like this:

Name: VideoBox          Url to track: xxxx.xxx/video/*

I guess there's a little more to it than that, for example how to extract the name of the entity being viewed, but it might be a simple, but very useful add?

Nope not the purpose of this resource. 

52 minutes ago, christopher-w said:

With regards to content history sort order,  I notice .the most recently viewed content is at the bottom of the list. Is there an option to put my recent at the top? 

I’ll take a look.

4 hours ago, christopher-w said:

it doesn't work with VideoBox, but that's maybe an implementation issue

I just tested VideoBox (thank you @onlyME for providing it) and works fine:

HjCzwW0.png

The only issue I see here is that it isn't using the app template:

HhMINA6.png

And this is due to a missing function in the node model. I'll contact @onlyME.

4 hours ago, christopher-w said:

With regards to content history sort order,  I notice .the most recently viewed content is at the bottom of the list. Is there an option to put my recent at the top? 

Confirmed and fixed.

• 5 months later...

Your cron task is quite confusing and introducing unncessary overhead.

foreach ( \IPS\Db::i()->select( '*', 'contenthistory_visits' ) as $row )
{
	\IPS\Db::i()->delete( 'contenthistory_visits', array( 'ch_date<?', \IPS\DateTime::create()->sub( new \DateInterval( 'P' . \IPS\Settings::i()->ch_prune_logs_days . 'D' ) )->getTimestamp() ) );
}

What's the point of the foreach loop? There's really no need to iterate over all the rows in contenthistory_visits, you can just run the query which you have inside the loop.

9 minutes ago, Daniel F said:

Your cron task is quite confusing and introducing unncessary overhead.

What's the point of the foreach loop? There's really no need to iterate over all the rows in contenthistory_visits, you can just run the query which you have inside the loop.

Thank you. Fixed and new version uploaded.

27 minutes ago, James101 said:

Hey,

I just purchased this but do you have a version for IPB 4.4?

Yes, I do. I selected 4.4 version today earlier when I edited it but it will take  a few days to get reviewed. I’ll send via PM now. It will be ok in next version so you will be able to download in marketplace from now on. 👍

Edited by Adriano Faria
  • 2 years later...
  • 9 months later...