Different theme for Mobile

H5K

• 3 weeks later...
48 minutes ago, kmk said:

More settings for mobile version... 

Any examples?

IPS4 uses a responsive style, this is IMO much better and easier to manage than 2 or 3 different themes.
You can already control the output for the different device sizes with css classes.  

1 hour ago, Daniel F said:

Any examples?

IPS4 uses a responsive style, this is IMO much better and easier to manage than 2 or 3 different themes.
You can already control the output for the different device sizes with css classes.  

The responsiveness is amazing and very well developed. I've tried in on several devices.

But please add a way to differentiate a mobile theme vs. a full theme. The theme we bought is great on Desktop but really poorly optimized for Mobile.

9 minutes ago, H5K said:

The responsiveness is amazing and very well developed. I've tried in on several devices.

But please add a way to differentiate a mobile theme vs. a full theme. The theme we bought is great on Desktop but really poorly optimized for Mobile.

You can disable the responsiveness for a specific theme if it doesn't work for you.
It's a theme setting inside the custom tab.

Bildschirmfoto 2019-01-12 um 15.55.25.png

On 1/12/2019 at 8:44 AM, H5K said:

You should yell at theme author if you're using third party.  He should build a theme that displays well on all devices.   Who do you use? 

Theme authors and IPS should honestly be developing for mobile first.  57% of all web traffic in America is mobile; 51% of all web traffic in world is mobile.  

• 4 weeks later...
On 1/15/2019 at 1:22 AM, Joel R said:

You should yell at theme author if you're using third party.  He should build a theme that displays well on all devices.   Who do you use? 

Theme authors and IPS should honestly be developing for mobile first.  57% of all web traffic in America is mobile; 51% of all web traffic in world is mobile.  

It's true.

But eventually, it would be great to be able to minimize the website weight for mobile. For example, do we need the entire 700ko of javascript IPS loads on every page for mobile ? Could we let some functions activated only for desktops? Even with design responsiveness, this idea could be very useful for reducing the pages weight.

• 7 months later...

Im bumping this thread.
I would really love to see an option in ACP settings:

• Enable only for phone devices.

I mean i could use my fully customized theme for dekstop, and the lite theme responsive for phone devices, it would be great for all of the websites, and most people want something like this here too. 🙂 

I believe IPS is adopting a mobile first approach to IPS 5, which may alleviate the issues you're seeing. That's obviously some way off though.

retro back to the future GIF

I can, however, see the benefit of this capability. It would allow responsive themes to be developed for specific user agents and for the theme to be tailored to that device. Instead of, for example, hiding an element on a smaller screen it could instead simply be removed entirely.

What I'd really like to see is the ability to select different layouts based on device used. As it stands, responsiveness simply pushes the sidebar down on smaller devices. I'd like the ability to have a sidebar on screens with the real-estate to display it and the ability to define a completely different layout for other screen sizes. In this way a block at the top of the sidebar could, for a mobile device, be given the prominence the admin desires, rather than having it pushed down with the sidebar.

Archived