Ignore Forums

Adriano Faria

On 2/24/2019 at 3:40 AM, Adriano Faria said:

Removes topics from ignored forums on Topics and Posts feed widget

I just installed the plugin. I have all the boxes checked to ignore content from the forums from as many places as possible. They are gone from the index, search and activity streams. However, topics from those forums still appear in the Topic feed widgets. Honor permissions is checked on the widgets and users don't see other forums they don't have permissions to view.

Do you know what might be going wrong?

14 minutes ago, Hezeber said:

I just installed the plugin. I have all the boxes checked to ignore content from the forums from as many places as possible. They are gone from the index, search and activity streams. However, topics from those forums still appear in the Topic feed widgets. Honor permissions is checked on the widgets and users don't see other forums they don't have permissions to view.

Do you know what might be going wrong?

Widgets are cached. Dis you wait the time for them to update? There’s a setting on ACP that controls widget time. 

9 hours ago, Adriano Faria said:

Widgets are cached. Dis you wait the time for them to update? There’s a setting on ACP that controls widget time. 

Yeah, looks like a caching issue. Topics created after a forum is ignored don't show up; only the older ones. Suppose we just have to wait for it to refresh. Thanks.

• 2 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 5 months later...
  • 2 months later...

Hi Adriano,

Great addon, could I just ask if it is possible to either ignore complete categories with one click, or alternatively could I automatically set all forums to be ignored apart from the ones I need everybody to see, for new members and they can then select the forums they wish to participate in?

Thanks in advance.

• 5 months later...