Support Topic for Enhanced Forum Views

• 2 months later...
  • 3 months later...
On 11/11/2019 at 11:44 AM, Eathanor said:

Hi @opentype. This is a very nice work, well done. I have just one issue. Is it possible to invert the images of the person creating the topic and the last poster ? By default, the image of the last poster is over the image of the person creating the topic. I want the opposite effect. Thanks.

Hi @opentype. Sorry to insist and bother you about this request but can you tell me if this modification is possible or not ? And if yes, how can I handle it ?

• 8 months later...
  • 1 year later...
11 minutes ago, Stuart B said:

just downloaded, reviewed settings via ACP / plugins but no change in format .. lwould like to replace '?' icon in q&a forums with round avatar ... not sure if theme issue  (dimensions) .. any ideas ?

Sorry, the plugin only affects the regular forums, not the Q&A type. I just clarified that in the product description. It hasn’t come up before. 
If you can’t use it because of that, I can ask IPS to issue a refund. 

• 2 months later...

There seems to be an issue with Enhanced Forum Views 1.4.0 after I updated to PHP 8.0.15.

I am seeing a strange error that happens when you go to the last page in a form category:

https://www.celiac.com/forums/forum/5-coping-with-celiac-disease/page/642/

But if you go to the 2nd to last page, or any other page in the category, you don't get it:

https://www.celiac.com/forums/forum/5-coping-with-celiac-disease/page/641/

I have tested this out, and if I disable Enhanced Forum Views Disabled1.4.0, this error goes away, and the last page in my category works, and does not throw an error. 

Here is the error info:

The log entry was triggered by a guest (Guests)

1 hour ago

Error: Undefined constant "IPS\Theme\endelse" in /home/mysite/public_html/system/Theme/Theme.php(860) : eval()'d code:4882
Stack trace:
#0 /home/mysite/public_html/system/Theme/SandboxedTemplate.php(61): IPS\Theme\class_forums_front_forums->topicRow(Object(IPS\Helpers\Table\Content), Array, Array)
#1 /home/mysite/public_html/system/Theme/Theme.php(860) : eval()'d code(1457): IPS\Theme\_SandboxedTemplate->__call('topicRow', Array)
#2 /home/mysite/public_html/system/Theme/SandboxedTemplate.php(61): IPS\Theme\class_forums_front_forums->forumTable(Object(IPS\Helpers\Table\Content), Array, Array, NULL, true)
#3 /home/mysite/public_html/system/Helpers/Table/Table.php(564): IPS\Theme\_SandboxedTemplate->__call('forumTable', Array)
#4 /home/mysite/public_html/applications/forums/modules/front/forums/forums.php(417): IPS\Helpers\Table\_Table->__toString()
#5 /home/mysite/public_html/applications/forums/modules/front/forums/forums.php(38): IPS\forums\modules\front\forums\_forums->_forum(Object(IPS\forums\Forum))
#6 /home/mysite/public_html/system/Dispatcher/Controller.php(101): IPS\forums\modules\front\forums\_forums->manage()
#7 /home/mysite/public_html/system/Dispatcher/Dispatcher.php(158): IPS\Dispatcher\_Controller->execute()
#8 /home/mysite/public_html/index.php(13): IPS\_Dispatcher->run()
#9 {main}

BACKTRACE:

#0 /home/mysite/public_html/system/Theme/SandboxedTemplate.php(71): IPS\_Log::log(Object(Error), 'template_error')
#1 /home/mysite/public_html/system/Theme/Theme.php(860) : eval()'d code(1457): IPS\Theme\_SandboxedTemplate->__call('topicRow', Array)
#2 /home/mysite/public_html/system/Theme/SandboxedTemplate.php(61): IPS\Theme\class_forums_front_forums->forumTable(Object(IPS\Helpers\Table\Content), Array, Array, NULL, true)
#3 /home/mysite/public_html/system/Helpers/Table/Table.php(564): IPS\Theme\_SandboxedTemplate->__call('forumTable', Array)
#4 /home/mysite/public_html/applications/forums/modules/front/forums/forums.php(417): IPS\Helpers\Table\_Table->__toString()
#5 /home/mysite/public_html/applications/forums/modules/front/forums/forums.php(38): IPS\forums\modules\front\forums\_forums->_forum(Object(IPS\forums\Forum))
#6 /home/mysite/public_html/system/Dispatcher/Controller.php(101): IPS\forums\modules\front\forums\_forums->manage()
#7 /home/mysite/public_html/system/Dispatcher/Dispatcher.php(158): IPS\Dispatcher\_Controller->execute()
#9 {main}

Edited by sadams101
On 2/19/2022 at 9:23 PM, sadams101 said:

I am seeing a strange error that happens when you go to the last page in a form category

I investigated this today. It seems to be caused by corrupted forum data, where you have topic entries but missing posts for these topics. 

The best solution would be to delete these corrupted topics. (You can probably recognize them by being dated back to 1970)

PHP 8 has a stricter treatment of errors, so the forum view would still work in earlier version, but the underlying problem exists independent from the PHP version or my plugin. 

Thank you for your reply. When you say that I might recognize corrupted forum posts by dating my forum back to 1970, do you mean changing my server time to this, which might cause many other issues, or do you mean just the time in the ACP for IPB? I do have a test site, and could do this to figure it out. Also, after making the time change, how would this help to find those corrupted posts? 

I know this is far beyond any support you might offer for this plugin, so thank you in advance for any help!

Ok, I did go to the end of each forum, and in 4 found and deleted what looked like corrupted posts...3 of which were dated 1969. This did fix the issue with your plugin throwing the errors, so thank you. However, the only question remaining in my mind is, why would your plugin throw this error, but not the default IPB skin?

• 3 weeks later...

I have found another issue with Enhanced Forum Views. When going to page 404 of a forum, my site is throwing the following errors when the plugin is enabled, but the errors go away when it is disabled:

The URL of page the error occurred on was https://www.celiac.com/forums/forum/32-gluten-free-foods-products-shopping-medications/page/404/

[[Template forums/front/forums/topicRow is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Error: Undefined constant "IPS\Theme\endelse" in /home/mysite/public_html/system/Theme/Theme.php(880) : eval()'d code:4882
Stack trace:
#0 /home/mysite/public_html/system/Theme/SandboxedTemplate.php(61): IPS\Theme\class_forums_front_forums->topicRow(Object(IPS\Helpers\Table\Content), Array, Array)
#1 /home/mysite/public_html/system/Theme/Theme.php(880) : eval()'d code(1457): IPS\Theme\_SandboxedTemplate->__call('topicRow', Array)
#7 /home/mysite/public_html/system/Dispatcher/Dispatcher.php(153): IPS\Dispatcher\_Controller->execute()
#9 {main}

BACKTRACE
#0 /home/mysite/public_html/system/Theme/SandboxedTemplate.php(71): IPS\_Log::log(Object(Error), 'template_error')
#1 /home/mysite/public_html/system/Theme/Theme.php(880) : eval()'d code(1457): IPS\Theme\_SandboxedTemplate->__call('topicRow', Array)
#7 /home/mysite/public_html/system/Dispatcher/Dispatcher.php(153): IPS\Dispatcher\_Controller->execute()
#9 {main}

• 4 months later...

checking with my phone....the improvement is so good.

Finally this ips core problem is fixed....

But in the picture, I can see the Moderation Action is disapeared...it is moved into the another place?

Edited by kmk
  • 7 months later...