Reblog

zyx

Hi,

I wonder if it's possible (or planned) to introduce a simple 'reblog' functionality into blogs, similar to tumblr?

So for example, User A can essentially share content from User B's blog onto their own (and potentially add an additional comment), but it's clearly still linked to the original poster. 

Would be happy to pay for any add-on that could achieve this.

Thanks.

• 7 months later...

I just wanted to revisit this idea, as I really feel the ability for members to re-share other people's content on their own personal blog would enable a whole new level of community to be built.

Perhaps that is heading more towards the Tumblr-direction than IPS want, but I feel for some sites it would be a really useful feature to take blogs to the next level. I don't have blogs right now but certainly would if this functionality was an option. 

I suppose it's similar to retweeting on twitter as well as the reblog feature on Tumblr. No extra disk space would be used when reblogging, it would just call back the original message/upload/image/post, almost like a quote on a forum. 

This is not directly what you requested, but just to make you aware of existing functions.  😃

In the top right-hand corner of every postbit is a Share icon.  You can use this to copy-and-paste the post anywhere else in the suite.  

51 minutes ago, Joel R said:

This is not directly what you requested, but just to make you aware of existing functions.  😃

In the top right-hand corner of every postbit is a Share icon.  You can use this to copy-and-paste the post anywhere else in the suite.  

Thanks. I guess that sort of does a similar job to what I'm proposing, but how I'm envisioning it is much closer to Tumblr.

Members can run their own blogs/feeds, but then when they see something else they like on someone elses blog/feed, they can just hit the reblog button and it'll be shared straight into their own blog/feed. Not copying and pasting as such, and certainly no links involved. 

Rather than blogs on our site being used to write full articles, I envision it much more as a social network feed with single items of content. You might post a few pictures of your own, then a quote, but then you see a great image from someone else so you reblog/share that to your own blog/feed too. Your blog is your own curated feed of content, which people can follow if they like the same type of thing as you.

I'm explaining it quite poorly - it's essentially just the tumblr reblog but on ips blogs. But the reblogging should be just a click of a button when you see the thing you like. Ideally a more integrated system than just sharing the link to a piece of content also on the site.

Archived