Filter language packs by app for translation

Phil7789

Hi there,

I would love to be able to filter / search by app while translating in the AdminCP. Right now we can only search for the languages and the key.

I came across the following problem many times now: While translating a plugin or an application I thought I covered all the strings only to find out that I missed some because they had a slightly different key.
So it would be great if we could just search for the name of the app and have every string available for translation then. We already have the "app" column so why not use it?

Best regards,
Phil

You can sort the table in the ACP by Application , Plugin or Theme by clicking its table column header. It doesn’t remove the other options like I think you’re wanting here via searching but I hope that helps you currently as we evaluate this suggestion further.

That sounds like a good start, thanks for pointing that out to me, I have to admit I didn't think of that. I can definately work with that right now.

What would come in handy with the filtering option is that we wouldn't have to go through hundreds of pages. It should be more or less fast though as you can "jump" I think 10 pages in one step but it still takes some time until you reach the app you're looking for.

I'll stay tuned and hope that this might be implemented 🙂

If it was possible to filter by app, that would be great.

Another addition I'd like to see is an option to create a language pack that only includes language strings of certain apps. Right now you can only create/download one language file that includes language strings of all the apps that you are using. It doesn't even distinguish between official IPS apps and 3rd-party apps.

Archived