Disable AdminCP Theme selection

adcantu

Is there  any way to force all admins to use default adminCP theme? I have a bunch of admins who keep changing to my front end's theme which breaks their adminCP, and they complain that it's not working correctly. 

Ideally just disable the option to select other themes for adminCP would be great.

• 3 weeks later...

Any ideas how to handle this? Should I just try to make my front end theme adminCP compatible?

Furthermore, I have admins that do not have access to edit members in adminCP. If they don't have access to that, how are they switching their adminCP theme? Is there another location other than members they can select this?

Okay I think I figured out a solution. It seems the issue is, that I only have the group 4 admins have access to the default theme, because I don't want any front end users except the super admins to be able to see the default theme as an option on the front end. I think this is forcing the sub admins with limited adminCP access to default to my front end's theme, since they don't have access to the default IPB theme. 

So I think what I need to do is make the default available to all sub admins, then manually set them all back to using IPB default for adminCP. Then I can edit my custom front end to show the theme switcher only if in group 4. 

Finally, I'm thinking in admin CP I can use css to just display: none the two li items where the theme switch would be available, in the members list, and in the user dropdown in the admincp header (which is what I was missing as an option in my furthermore question in previous reply)

Does this seem like the reasonable direction or am I missing something here?

Archived