Redirect vBulletin archive pages to IPB correctly?

NeedCoffee

Hi, we've got a ticket into support about this, but I have a funny feeling they'll say it's not covered by the standard converter they provide. I hope I'm wrong!

We just converted from vBulletin 3.8 to IPB.

We have around 44,000 pages indexed in Google that are on the old vBulletin 'archive' system, so for example, a topic URL is like this:

https://www.ourdomain.com/archive/index.php/t-356952.html

Right now, it's going to an error page on IPB. 

Has anyone written a solution to this? To redirect those old /archive links in vBulletin to their new URLs on IPB? Or can anyone does this easily, via a rewrite rule or plugin?

Hi, we've got a ticket into support about this, but I have a funny feeling they'll say it's not covered by the standard converter they provide. I hope I'm wrong!

Good news - the converter is designed to handle these redirects out of the box. Unfortunately there is a slight issue in the current release that was stopping it from working correctly. It'll no doubt be patched in a future release, but on the off chance that anyone has this issue in the meantime, I'd recommend mentioning this thread to support and also let them know it was @Stuart Silvester who handled our ticket and remedied the situation (I don't want to share the ticket # as it has sensitive login data).

Archived