Sidebar discord server & steam group support topic

Adrian A.

Setup tutorial:

After installing your plugin from within the ACP at General > Plugins you get back to the main url address where your board is installed and find this lil' guy and click on it:

zTykK9s.png?1

Then you should see a list of all your available widgets, either coming from apps or plugins, for this particularly example we are using Sidebar steam group ( this is the same for every widget ). Now you click on the black block with the name "Sidebar steam group" to open the list of widgets, it should look something like this: 

ACPvu0v.png

Now show drag and drop the grey block with the name and description of the widget you want too get into the sidebar and position it anywhere you'd like, should look something like this at this point:

ywd5lGB.png

If you look at the right side of the above image, where our sidebar is positioned, you can see the "Sidebar steam group" widget, before the settings are done.

Now to reach the settings of the widget, just press the Edit button and start completing the fields of the form that's on your screen 🙂 

For details how to complete the form please check every file's description on the market. If there is something unclear still, don't hesitate to PM me.

This was a brief tutorial for those you have no previous experience working with IPS4 widgets and works for any widget in most cases. 

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

First of all, I want to apologize to all 3 of you for this late response, I forgot so follow so I get notified when new replies are posted. And please insist with PMs / contact on social media if this behavior of mine persists with other goodies you bought from the market uploaded by me ( it might, i forget a lot xD ).   

On 11/28/2018 at 11:47 PM, Magnus Lorvik said:

I have a problem with the widget. It looks like this after I have configured it...
image.thumb.png.cb119ee99267e5b4734b1ff54363eeff.png

Looks like the css file is not loading, someone else, noticed me of this some time ago, but I don't really remember if it was solved by an "silent" update ( I don't even remember if that member was you xD ) or was something spefic of his site but try downloading the latest version from the market, if it's still the same PM so we can solve it togheter 😄

On 12/4/2018 at 8:01 PM, kaos00723 said:

Getting slow loading times and errors on pages where this widget is added lately.

Disabling for now.

That's very weird, it might get into trouble with some other plugin / app, if you want me to personally take a look on your website PM me 🙂

On 12/7/2018 at 7:23 PM, N3xus93 said:

Is it possible to translate this plugin? In the general translation, I could only change "Join Group" and "Group Steam". I need to translate "Members", "Online", "In-Game".
Sorry for my English.

Yeah, sorry my bad. I will push an update tomorrow so those are translatable..

The main problem with this plugin is when Discord itself is lagging or temporarily down. That's when you get errors and slow loading times on pages where it's located. It doesn't seem to ever time out and eventually just throws a page error.

I think you need to add a 1 second time out if it can't retrieve Discord information for whatever reason and also make it so it doesn't show an error if Discord itself is down.

On 12/21/2018 at 6:08 PM, kaos00723 said:

The main problem with this plugin is when Discord itself is lagging or temporarily down. That's when you get errors and slow loading times on pages where it's located. It doesn't seem to ever time out and eventually just throws a page error.

I think you need to add a 1 second time out if it can't retrieve Discord information for whatever reason and also make it so it doesn't show an error if Discord itself is down.

Thanks for the advice, I'll update the plugin in the following days to implement some checkups.

• 2 weeks later...

Hi,

I have noticed that this plugin causes a mixed content message on my site IE the padlock goes away on the address bar.  This is due to the discord server image.  Is there any way to locally cache the image so it can be served up over https?

Ignore please, my fault I didn't add the s to http in the settings

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 6 months later...
On 5/2/2019 at 8:39 PM, puffysticks. said:

What IPS version are you using? I have not updated anything of mine on the market for 4.4.3 yet but will do in the following days.

What is the data you entered in the settings? ( send them in a PM )

Are you still going to update this for the latest IPS version?

Archived