Jump to content

CKeditor Plugin Rules of Thumb


z929669
 Share

Recommended Posts

I have played around a bit with customizing the editor layout using the default plugins provided by IPS. The list is fairly extensive, but I still need a couple of functions not provided by default (YouTube embed and Image manipulation).

I was able to download and "Add Button" for YouTube plugin, and it worked flawlessly. However, "Enhanced Images" (image2) broke the editor and the forums by proxy. I tried installing the two latest versions (one for CKeditor v 4.10 and the other for 4.11) to no avail. It was easy enough to fix the editor by removing ",images2" from

"ckeditor_extraPlugins":"youtube",

inside of /datastore/settings.dfb3467fc1.php

... but it would be nice to know what to look for in available add-on plugins in order to determine if they are compatible. Anybody have any rules of thumb to distinguish what won't work with the IPS implementation?

 

PS: I also need an inline code (<>) format tool so that I can format as code small snippets and file paths without using an entire block as you can see above in this post (very wasteful of horizontal space for a single line of code). For example, from my wiki:

image.png.15bdfe10879257a6525d36027e70adc9.png

Link to comment
Share on other sites

41 minutes ago, z929669 said:

... but it would be nice to know what to look for in available add-on plugins in order to determine if they are compatible. Anybody have any rules of thumb to distinguish what won't work with the IPS implementation?

In general, it’s just the version that should match. The number is given in the ACP when attempt to upload a new plugin. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 minute ago, opentype said:

In general, it’s just the version that should match. The number is given in the ACP when attempt to upload a new plugin. 

Yes, mine want's 4.10, and that's what I tried for the Ehnahced Images plugin to no avail:

image.thumb.png.7631642a1c1a823d422e20ae0aaa6156.png

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Thanks ... yes. 4.10 is listed in Credits.txt as well, so I'm not sure why the Enhanced Images plugin isn't working with respect to that version ... and I've confirmed that

"ckeditor_extraPlugins":"youtube, images2",

  breaks everything, and

"ckeditor_extraPlugins":"youtube",

  fixes.

The "Add Button" installer deposits the files into plugins and modifies /datastore/settings.dfb3467fc1.php but the editor breaks due to that single bit of code.

EDIT: but the images2 plugin install does not add anything to *.json files in /applications/core/interface/ckeditor/ckeditor/plugins ... and the Youtube plugin does.

Edited by z929669
Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • 2 months later...
On 11/16/2018 at 1:31 AM, z929669 said:

Thanks ... yes. 4.10 is listed in Credits.txt as well, so I'm not sure why the Enhanced Images plugin isn't working with respect to that version ... and I've confirmed that


"ckeditor_extraPlugins":"youtube, images2",

  breaks everything, and


"ckeditor_extraPlugins":"youtube",

  fixes.

The "Add Button" installer deposits the files into plugins and modifies /datastore/settings.dfb3467fc1.php but the editor breaks due to that single bit of code.

EDIT: but the images2 plugin install does not add anything to *.json files in /applications/core/interface/ckeditor/ckeditor/plugins ... and the Youtube plugin does.

Hi, did you found a fix?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • 2 weeks later...
 Share

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    • No registered users viewing this page.
×
×
  • Create New...