ThreadStarter: Books

As more and more people become concerned with privacy and various government entities start enacting privacy policies around the topic we should append the goodreads and google books APIs to the Third Parties Section of the board's Privacy Policy "if" appropriate.

An acknowledgement (what information is being shared) via the two APIs and provide a link to the privacy policy.

174367515_updatedprivacypolicy.thumb.png.b725c986604d258cdc9a668c863c92c0.png

• 2 months later...
  • 3 months later...

Good day, does this app work anymore? I purchased it May and had good luck with it on our test site, I revisited the app as I am ready to go live with it, and it no longer works. It does not recognize any book, I have Goodreads API enabled, I had Google Books API enabled until I read the report above and I removed the API for Google but still no luck. Any help is greatly appreciated.

Capture.thumb.JPG.2b5bf0104acb9010d2ba2e6014e956e2.JPG

Edited by JohnCourt
On 8/11/2019 at 11:51 AM, batarjal said:

I just checked, also with Moby Dick, and it should work fine.

If you send me a link + test account to your forum I can try to figure out what's going wrong.

Sorry I missed this answer batarjal, my notifications aren't coming through. I will send you a test link test account asap, thanks for reaching back out to me!

• 4 months later...
  • 2 months later...
On 4/22/2019 at 5:17 PM, Mark Spieker said:

I love the Amazon tracking ID, but I don't think it works, I see nothing in the url that makes it look like a refered link.

Thoughts?

Was this ever answered? I too do not see anything in the URL that would reference my amazon tracking ID, thanks so much!!

I uploaded a new version:

• Books can now be added by copy and pasting book URLs from amazon
  • Fixed some amazon tracking ID issues
  • ThreadStarter topics now get updated automatically after the interval set in the ACP, this will only affect new topics and old topics that have been edited once since the update
  • Added a button to set the topic title automatically to the current selected ThreadStarter content
  • Fixed some performance issues
  • The ThreadStarter Core only has to be installed once instead of one time for each plugin now. This reduces load times and leads to a less cluttered configuration
  • All ThreadStarter widgets are combined into a single widget now and have to be reconfigured
  • All ThreadStarter APIs have been combined into a single API new and have to be reconfigured

Note: With this update ThreadStarter Core is required, you can download it together with the plugin. It only needs to be installed once, if you installed it from another ThreadStarter plugin you do not need to install it again.
Widgets will need to be reconfigured once. It is recommended to have the latest version of all ThreadStarter plugins installed to avoid compatibility issues.

Edited by batarjal
  • 2 weeks later...
On 3/8/2020 at 7:19 PM, Mark Spieker said:

Was this ever answered? I too do not see anything in the URL that would reference my amazon tracking ID, thanks so much!!

Did this get fixed?  I also can't see the amazon tracking id in the URL...  Anyone else get to work?

3 hours ago, Square Wheels said:

Why does it say Threadstarter in a regular post?

24 minutes ago, bosss said:

Same problem in thread starter movies and musics... on all places in forum.

I think the latest update(s) undid the forum selections. In your ACP make sure you have the specific forum you want Threadstarter to appear in checked.

3 minutes ago, PaulKet said:

I think the latest update(s) undid the forum selections. In your ACP make sure you have the specific forum you want Threadstarter to appear in checked.

I have specific forum slelected for movies, but it show in all forums - like in picture above!

• 2 weeks later...
  • 5 months later...

Hello @batarjal! I hope you're staying healthy and safe..

I'm having an issue with ThreadStarter: Core and by extension, ThreadStarter: Books. After installing ThreadStarter: Core and visiting the Core settings page I am presented with an HTTP ERROR 500 and when I visit the Book settings page I receive "ThreadStarter: Core is not installed!"

Could you help?

Edited by penguinstyles
21 hours ago, penguinstyles said:

Hello @batarjal! I hope you're staying healthy and safe..

I'm having an issue with ThreadStarter: Core and by extension, ThreadStarter: Books. After installing ThreadStarter: Core and visiting the Core settings page I am presented with an HTTP ERROR 500 and when I visit the Book settings page I receive "ThreadStarter: Core is not installed!"

Could you help?

Hello - Can you check if you have the latest version of both plugins installed? Do you have any other ThreadStarter Plugin?

The latest ThreadStarter: Core version is available here:

On 10/9/2020 at 4:03 PM, batarjal said:

Hello - Can you check if you have the latest version of both plugins installed? Do you have any other ThreadStarter Plugin?

The latest ThreadStarter: Core version is available here:

Hello. Both extensions are up to date and were installed through the Marketplace.

3bd43a1d2e168eefd2b9cd812d15ec32.png

I do not have any other ThreadStarter plugins. 

Edited by penguinstyles
  • 2 months later...

Goodreads stopped giving out API keys so I will halt selling the plugin till I found an alternative.

The current API will still be available for a while so the plugin should keep working if you bought it already and got an API key.

Edited by batarjal
  • 3 weeks later...