Move all content types to everywhere

Ramsesx

19 hours ago, Ramsesx said:

Or comments to reviews, reviews to comments etc..

Reviews require a star rating, so you can't just move a comment to a review (one random example).

Pages databases have arbitrary custom fields (some of which may be required or not required) so you can't just move a Gallery image to a Pages record without an intermediary step to ensure all of the required values are defined. IOW, this isn't as simple as just moving the data from one database table to another.

2 hours ago, bfarber said:

IOW, this isn't as simple as just moving the data from one database table to another.

Sure it's not easy but technically and in theory possible. But I know it's maybe not a function required by many admins. Anyway, thanks for your reply. 

I mean, I think this is a valid suggestion but one that can be evolved for practical application. 

There are two areas where I struggle with the suite:

1. Cross integration and double posting of content.  I have image boards and gallery albums, and users will double post.  I'd love if certain content items like gallery albums, files, calendar events , or products could be "attached" to things like posts or comments.  Right now everything is in it's own silo, and you literally have to visit another app to interact with the item.  

2. A more fluid approach to content.  The rise of social media is changing user's expectations with UIX design.  You can post a status update, album, video, etc.  You shouldnt have to go one app to post a topic, then another app to post an album, then another app to post a video.  The entrance to user content needs to be more expansive.  

Agree Joel,

I think it's more about an increase in mobile usage / mobile devices. 

Splitting content into it's own "silos" is just poor experience these days. Basically, you are forcing users to go here ... go there ... now, go ever here. It's easy on desktop but mobile is just horrible.

People are changing habits.

Mobile is the new Desktop.

Archived