Profile Tabs Organizer

• 2 months later...
  • 4 months later...

Hi Adriano. Bought, uploaded and when I go to edit settings, I get a Something went wrong. Please try again.

Also, my profile tabs disappear completely when I enable the plugin. If I disable, they all come back.

Thoughts?

Thanks!

Edited by Giray

The error comes from the other 3rd-party resource indeed.  Log is the same from your PM.

My plugins "loads" tabs from all apps. There's an error in the tab of this resource, that's why my fails to shows the settings. So I disabled the resource, ran the support tool to clean the board cache and it works:

- Settings:

ktZe4WO.png

- Profile view:

W6JUU0G.png

After re enble the resource, the error comes back.

So ask suppor for the other dev and show the error log. He  probably just need to use a try/cache to prevent the OutOfRangeException, which is the error.

@Girays issue was our trophies tab, which called \IPS\Module::get('trophies','modulename') which works for everybody.. 

BUT, your plugin is calling the tab extensions (which are meant to be called only from the frontend), from the ACP, so the module can't be found.

I have adjusted now my code and passed the 3rd parameter for the "area" to search for a frontend module.

/**
	 * Get a module
	 * @param	string		$app
	 * @param	string		$key
	 * @param	string|NULL	$area
	 * @return	\IPS\Application\Module
	 * @throws	\OutOfRangeException
	 */
	public static function get( $app, $key, $area=NULL )

I guess this could be useful for other coders too..

Edited by Fosters
  • 2 weeks later...

What happens if I set the tab About me to be first and there is no this tab in the user profile? Because he has not filled out the field. Will it fallback to the second tab I've defined or the activity tab?

Edited by Sonya*
  • 2 months later...

Quick question. If I set a new order, will the first tab I set in that order be the one that shows up as the default page when users click on their profiles? For example, I basically want the About Me tab to be the page that opens when people click on profiles while right now it links to the Activity tab so if I set the order to have the About Me one first will it do that?

• 3 weeks later...

@Adriano Faria I don't think this mod has anything which would help in the case when forum has too many Tabs and all of their titles are cut after 3+ characters because IPS software wants to fit all the tabs just in 1 line and making tab titles as short as it can. Which makes this whole profile tab feature less attractive and illegible.

So could your mod be upgraded or another mod be made to allow to list tabs in two or more lines to their titles are displayed in full?

On 10/15/2019 at 1:44 AM, Adriano Faria said:

Anything in the logs?

Instead of clicking in the pencil, click to open on a new tab; it will show you the error. 

this is what I got:

A configuration or server error has occurred
EX0 Something went wrong. Please try again.
TECHNICAL DETAILS
OutOfRangeException:  (0)

OutOfRangeException:  (0)
#0 public_html/init.php(816) : eval()'d code(70): IPS\Application\_Module::get('trophies', 'items')
#1 public_html/applications/trophies/extensions/core/Profile/TrophiesAndMedals.php(40): IPS\trophies_hook_Member->canViewTrophies()
#2 public_html/applications/core/modules/admin/applications/plugins.php(973) : eval()'d code(31): IPS\trophies\extensions\core\Profile\_TrophiesAndMedals->showTab()
#3 public_html/applications/core/modules/admin/applications/plugins.php(973): eval()
#4 public_html/system/Dispatcher/Controller.php(85): IPS\core\modules\admin\applications\_plugins->settings()
#5 public_html/system/Node/Controller.php(62): IPS\Dispatcher\_Controller->execute()
#6 public_html/applications/core/modules/admin/applications/plugins.php(43): IPS\Node\_Controller->execute()
#7 public_html/system/Dispatcher/Dispatcher.php(152): IPS\core\modules\admin\applications\_plugins->execute()
#8 public_html/admin/index.php(14): IPS\_Dispatcher->run()
#9 {main}

Edited by Allfict