Website Footer (Support Topic)

• 3 months later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Hi, I don't have any issues with the footer, it works well on my 4.5.B4 just wanted to ask if there is a way it could be located at the very bottom of the page as shown below. (to be swapped with the current Invision credits.

image.thumb.png.71c49e74718b99f815943a0996d73190.png

8 hours ago, Kyle F said:

So I tried out this plugin and uninstalled it when it wasn't what I was looking for and it has completely destroyed my theme.

PNqaYSbZPY.thumb.png.e0904da2cdcc20709e4fe3ccc8fe1e2b.png

Warning to anyone downloading this plugin, don't do it.

With all due respect, installing and uninstalling this plugin didn't cause this issue, and also, please show me proof that it did as so I can fix the issue. You're more than welcome to PM about this.

1. This plugin uses the core code to install and uninstall, there are no uninstall script which would affect your theme,
  2. All this plugin does is add a hook to insert html into the main template. It also adds a small css style and does nothing more! Any residual code would have been left by the core uninstaller, not the plugin.
  3. To me, this looks more like a caching issue, I would suggest that you use the support tool in the admin area to see if that corrects the issue. If that doesn't fix the issue, I would contact IPS Support.
  4. Also, was the default theme affected by this?

In all the time this plugin has been released, not ONE person apart from yourself has ever came to me with this issue. If this plugin did what you said, I would have had a lot more complaints regarding this issue in this topic, or in the comments section on the download page.

• 2 weeks later...
On 5/28/2020 at 8:06 PM, ChrisTERiS said:

Hello,

In your screenshots the links in blocks appear to have a dotted separator below each link.

How do you do it? Is it a css class that I need to use or what? I'm using WYSIWYG as block type.

Thank you

Chris

image.png.21e8b6b522c5efd8693e92eb8616aeba.png

Sorry for the late replay.

Add class="wf_quicklinks" to the ul like:

<ul class="wf_quicklinks">
<li><a href="/">Home</a></li>
<li><a href="/">Forums</a></li>
</ul>

3 hours ago, DoorMadeEasy said:

i upload this as plugin then what next where i go to edit or add think ?

•  

Go to the ACP, Site Features and Plugins. Click on the Website Footeredit icon and select the Block Settings Tab. You will find the block settings from there.

Edited by TDBF

here is what look like  

fetoor.thumb.jpg.ba5f0f73c34f3d56b0ea88c05f443325.jpg

i was trying to shift it down under copyright or if possible to change the color only for the  footer where is  copyright are showing since i try to change  there is only for the background to be changed ???

Edited by DoorMadeEasy

Hello, where in the plugin could I adjust the location of the footer? I would like to move it all the way down as shown below:

Now it is like this:

669714757_footer1.thumb.JPG.eeb80a8e2ce9e8f0420695002e6c0e2c.JPG

I would prefer having it like this (the same way is it is here in IP Forum)

950793767_footer2.thumb.JPG.a5d6d16d0a864ecae44c4e1f1547e4bb.JPG

Edited by svit
  • 2 months later...
On 9/23/2020 at 2:01 PM, svit said:

Hi, the plugin is working on all our five 4.5.3 sites without any issue, no issue with upgrades at all.

Thanks, would be good to release an official 4.5.x version, even if no changes. As I need to update all apps or remove 4.4.x ones before able to get support with some issues on my board. 

Sorry for the time it has taken to get this done. I had lots of issues with my test install and required help from support.

Finally got the new version upload and waiting approval from the moderators.

This new version has a ton of new features, changes and many bug fixes from the previous version.

21 hours ago, TDBF said:

Sorry for the time it has taken to get this done. I had lots of issues with my test install and required help from support.

Finally got the new version upload and waiting approval from the moderators.

This new version has a ton of new features, changes and many bug fixes from the previous version.

Sorry guys, It got kicked back to me for a couple of issues, these have been sorted and I am waiting on it being approved 🙂

Hi it is a great news seeing the plugin been upgraded inlc, all the new features, thank you for that! In our ACP Marketplace however there is no option to upgrade from previous version. We have the previous version installed, configured and paired with the marketplace, yet marketplace doesn't recognize the new version as a new version and it states, that the plugin is already installed. Any advice here?

1 hour ago, svit said:

Hi it is a great news seeing the plugin been upgraded inlc, all the new features, thank you for that! In our ACP Marketplace however there is no option to upgrade from previous version. We have the previous version installed, configured and paired with the marketplace, yet marketplace doesn't recognize the new version as a new version and it states, that the plugin is already installed. Any advice here?

I would raise a ticket with support as this is out of my range of control. 🙂

1 hour ago, TDBF said:

I would raise a ticket with support as this is out of my range of control. 🙂

Below is the response I received from the helpdesk, could you please raise the issue with the dev team if possible, so that we gain access to the plugin please?

"image.png.41b76cb31ed576f37cca22d7eecb704f.png"

Hello, there seems to be a bug in the latest version of the plugin: when activating the 'Column Border Separation' the separator is projected to forum posts as well. Resulting in line as shown below:

image.png.44d8e44366974adc2351178b33be7804.png

IPS heldpesk identified the issue here:

image.png.49ddda724c44b98e76647cd0dca75463.png

5 hours ago, svit said:

Hello, there seems to be a bug in the latest version of the plugin: when activating the 'Column Border Separation' the separator is projected to forum posts as well. Resulting in line as shown below:

image.png.44d8e44366974adc2351178b33be7804.png

IPS heldpesk identified the issue here:

image.png.49ddda724c44b98e76647cd0dca75463.png

Cheers,

Fixed and an update waiting for approval. 🙂

16 hours ago, TDBF said:

Cheers,

Fixed and an update waiting for approval. 🙂

My submission has been rejected for something that has been part of the widget since day one. That's me done with development on this platform, I'm sorry, but I won't be reuploading any more version of this or my other plugins.