Proxy Blocker (Prevent registrations from proxy servers)

Faqole

• 2 weeks later...

This sounded perfect to me as I have many users that like to create multiple accounts, via proxies to attempt avoiding detection.  However, the Plugin seems to block WiFi and home networking as well.  I guess i wrongly assumed that it would look at the gateway IP and determine whether it was a third-party proxy/VPN.   As is, this Plugin would block the majority of users from registering and whitelisting every conceivable private IP would be fruitless. 

On my phone, I was allowed to register on the cellular network.  With WiFi on, I was denied.

On computers and laptops, connected wireless ad wired to my home network, I was denied on all.  Connecting my cable modem to one computer directly, I was allowed to register.

Is this by design and I simply misunderstood?  If so, I guess it's a $10 lesson.... If not, what am I doing incorrectly?

On 11/10/2018 at 6:54 PM, SMen said:

This sounded perfect to me as I have many users that like to create multiple accounts, via proxies to attempt avoiding detection.  However, the Plugin seems to block WiFi and home networking as well.  I guess i wrongly assumed that it would look at the gateway IP and determine whether it was a third-party proxy/VPN.   As is, this Plugin would block the majority of users from registering and whitelisting every conceivable private IP would be fruitless. 

On my phone, I was allowed to register on the cellular network.  With WiFi on, I was denied.

On computers and laptops, connected wireless ad wired to my home network, I was denied on all.  Connecting my cable modem to one computer directly, I was allowed to register.

Is this by design and I simply misunderstood?  If so, I guess it's a $10 lesson.... If not, what am I doing incorrectly?

All access through a gateway proxy and/or behind regular open proxy ports 80 and 443 will be blocked with this plugin. 

Archived