Patreon Integration

19 hours ago, batarjal said:

That setting removes the selected secondary groups, it is unchecked after reloading but there are also no secondary groups selected anymore so they won't be assigned.

Okay, but my members still get assigned a secondary group after connecting their Patreon account. For instance, a member who was in the group "Senior Member" gets moved to the group "Patron" and then "Senior Member" becomes their secondary group. So I have to go and manually remove the secondary group for every member.

20 hours ago, batarjal said:

You can change the  in the 'Do you support ___ on Patreon' translation: ACP > Customization > Languages > Translate > search for 'patreon_connect_link_description' and replace the %s with any text you like.

What about the title above it?

• 1 month later...
Just now, Parilar said:

Patron Count Goals also doesnt work.

Yes, the patreon API does only support $ based goals.

On 4/23/2020 at 10:10 AM, Kirill N said:

Okay, but my members still get assigned a secondary group after connecting their Patreon account. For instance, a member who was in the group "Senior Member" gets moved to the group "Patron" and then "Senior Member" becomes their secondary group. So I have to go and manually remove the secondary group for every member.

What about the title above it?

The title is not a language variable right now, I'll change that with the next update.

For instance, a member who was in the group "Senior Member" gets moved to the group "Patron" and then "Senior Member" becomes their secondary group. So I have to go and manually remove the secondary group for every member.

I'll make the adding the old group as secondary group optional in the next update.

Just now, opentype said:

By the way: The Patreon API is no longer actively maintained. 

https://www.patreoncommunity.com/t/an-update-on-patreon-s-api/8628

I think not much will change as the API didn't get any updates in the last years. I added a note on the marketpace page.

• 6 months later...

Hello! The option to update pledges in the ACP doesn't seem to be working, either that or I don't understand what it's supposed to do.

One of my new patrons connected his Patreon account before pledging, and now I can't get his status to update and get his group assigned via the ACP. When I click the "Update Pledges" button, the status column shows api error, even for members who are correctly pledged, connected and have had their group assigned.

Edit: System log is getting absolutely spammed with this:

array (
  'errors' => 
  array (
    0 => 
    array (
      'code' => 1,
      'code_name' => 'ParameterInvalid',
      'detail' => 'Invalid parameter for \'Unknown\': Unknown misencoded parameter value.',
      'id' => 'b25e19e0-46a1-4c5d-a744-4983a0d2d7eb',
      'status' => '400',
      'title' => 'Invalid value for parameter \'Unknown\'.',
    ),
  ),
  'url' => 'https://www.patreon.com/api/oauth2/api/campaigns/92426/pledges?page%5Bcount%5D=10&sort=created&page%5Bcursor%5D=2014-11-21T14%3A22%3A25%2B00%3A00',
)

Edit 2: I got that sorted out by updating some software on the server, but now I ran into another issue.

Said Patron didn't select a tier when making a pledge. Is there a way to assign patrons to groups regardless if they chose a tier or not?

Edited by Lucas von Mecheln
  • 1 month later...

Would it be possible to have an option where linking your Patreon to an IPS account is permanent? Or only allow administrators to disconnect an account?

We have an issue with users linking their Patreon account, redeeming all their rewards, unlinking the account, creating a new account on our website, linking their Patreon account again, and then redeeming all their rewards twice.

If we had a system that made linking your Patreon account a permanent action (unless an administrator intervenes) that would solve this issue. Would this be possible?

On 1/4/2021 at 7:51 PM, Lucas von Mecheln said:

Hello! The option to update pledges in the ACP doesn't seem to be working, either that or I don't understand what it's supposed to do.

One of my new patrons connected his Patreon account before pledging, and now I can't get his status to update and get his group assigned via the ACP. When I click the "Update Pledges" button, the status column shows api error, even for members who are correctly pledged, connected and have had their group assigned.

Edit: System log is getting absolutely spammed with this:

array (
  'errors' => 
  array (
    0 => 
    array (
      'code' => 1,
      'code_name' => 'ParameterInvalid',
      'detail' => 'Invalid parameter for \'Unknown\': Unknown misencoded parameter value.',
      'id' => 'b25e19e0-46a1-4c5d-a744-4983a0d2d7eb',
      'status' => '400',
      'title' => 'Invalid value for parameter \'Unknown\'.',
    ),
  ),
  'url' => 'https://www.patreon.com/api/oauth2/api/campaigns/92426/pledges?page%5Bcount%5D=10&sort=created&page%5Bcursor%5D=2014-11-21T14%3A22%3A25%2B00%3A00',
)

Edit 2: I got that sorted out by updating some software on the server, but now I ran into another issue.

Said Patron didn't select a tier when making a pledge. Is there a way to assign patrons to groups regardless if they chose a tier or not?

I didn't consider this, I'll add a 'tierless' level for the next update

Would it be possible to have an option where linking your Patreon to an IPS account is permanent? Or only allow administrators to disconnect an account?

We have an issue with users linking their Patreon account, redeeming all their rewards, unlinking the account, creating a new account on our website, linking their Patreon account again, and then redeeming all their rewards twice.

If we had a system that made linking your Patreon account a permanent action (unless an administrator intervenes) that would solve this issue. Would this be possible?

Yes, I'll add that in the next version

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...

It seems like either API doesn't work or the integration, I have 2 people that already canceled their pledge, but it still displays them as active patreons and gives their ranks back each time I remove it, "Update tiers" button doesn't seem to work in this case. All tokens are right

After removing Patreon linked account from user, it still leaves him with primary group, the same happens if pledge ends. It either leaves them with all groups, or only with primary group.

Edited by HeavyWolfPL
  • 2 weeks later...

I just double checked and everything should be working as intended.
When a member removes their Patreon pledge the Patreon members page in the ACP should show 'no active pledge' at the next update interval or when you manually click 'Update Pledges'

Is the status still verified after updating the Pladges?
Does the 'Updated' date change?
Can you verify that the accounts are really not listed anymore on the Patreon page?
Are there any patreon related errors in the System Logs? If so please sent them via PM.

• 2 weeks later...
On 6/12/2021 at 11:47 PM, batarjal said:

When a member removes their Patreon pledge the Patreon members page in the ACP should show 'no active pledge' at the next update interval or when you manually click 'Update Pledges'

Can you verify that the accounts are really not listed anymore on the Patreon page?
Are there any patreon related errors in the System Logs? If so please sent them via PM.

So far everything works, but I will check again after the month ends.

I know that only dollar goals are supported, but this is kind of weird.image.png.f578a7bf574ec88234f73cdc633142bc.png
That person supports us in his own currency by paying 45SEK which then ends up saying that he pays $45 instead of 45SEK.

On 6/27/2021 at 1:22 PM, HeavyWolfPL said:

So far everything works, but I will check again after the month ends.

I know that only dollar goals are supported, but this is kind of weird.image.png.f578a7bf574ec88234f73cdc633142bc.png
That person supports us in his own currency by paying 45SEK which then ends up saying that he pays $45 instead of 45SEK.

The API just doesn't return any currency. I have no experience with payments from different currencies - Is everything just converted into SEK by patreon? Then I could just make the currency icon configurable.

1 hour ago, batarjal said:

The API just doesn't return any currency. I have no experience with payments from different currencies - Is everything just converted into SEK by patreon? Then I could just make the currency icon configurable.

All I can see is that he supports us with SEK on minimal tier which equals $5. Actually he supports us no longer, as I don't see him as verified in the ACP.

On 6/12/2021 at 11:47 PM, batarjal said:

So I've got two users with no active pledge, but they are still left with the Supporter role. No system logs related to these users at all.
image.thumb.png.00265ef44eb3ee7dc789509286e304ed.png
image.png.af99fb14a2c5d1c0ba6ac281aff27cde.png
image.thumb.png.7d60d06e64fec53f4e1d72d5257053d6.pngimage.png.8d86666c7e15f7d75963a1e4721852c6.png

Also users get the Supporter role added both as main and additional.

Edited by HeavyWolfPL
  • 1 month later...

Is there a known issue with groups not being removed correctly? I have it set to remove people from mapped groups if it was not given to them automatically but it's not removing groups from people with no pledge and I don't see any sort of logs about any issues.

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I have been having an issue where some people are patreons and the plugin is NOT assigning their roles.

In the ACP, i can go to members, and find their name, and see where your app shows that they are indeed patreons, BUT it is not giving them roles. This happens rarely, i am unsure what is causing it, but only happens randomly on some users. I try using the two buttons to update pledges, but it doesnt fix it. i have a really large list of supporters i have to manually check every other day.

Today, when i updated pludges with the button in ACP, i got this error, im not sure if it is helpful, but i thought i would post it.

IPS\Http\Request\CurlException: https://internal-patreonpy-load-2085191141.us-west-1.elb.amazonaws.com/api/oauth2/api/campaigns/3836055/pledges?page[count]=10&sort=created&page[cursor]=2021-06-02T06%3A48%3A41.719354%2B00%3A00
Connection timed out after 10001 milliseconds (28)
#0 /home/admin/web/XXXXXXXXXXX.com/public_html/system/Http/Request/Curl.php(422): IPS\Http\Request\_Curl->_execute()
#1 /home/admin/web/XXXXXXXXXXX.com/public_html/system/Http/Request/Curl.php(298): IPS\Http\Request\_Curl->_executeAndFollowRedirects()
#2 /home/admin/web/XXXXXXXXXXX.com/public_html/applications/patreonintegration/sources/Campaign.php(154): IPS\Http\Request\_Curl->get()
#3 /home/admin/web/XXXXXXXXXXX.com/public_html/applications/patreonintegration/sources/Campaign.php(174): IPS\patreonintegration\_Campaign->pledgeRequest()
#4 /home/admin/web/XXXXXXXXXXX.com/public_html/applications/patreonintegration/modules/admin/settings/member.php(52): IPS\patreonintegration\_Campaign->updatePledges()
#5 /home/admin/web/XXXXXXXXXXX.com/public_html/system/Dispatcher/Controller.php(90): IPS\patreonintegration\modules\admin\settings\_member->updatePledges()
#6 /home/admin/web/XXXXXXXXXXX.com/public_html/applications/patreonintegration/modules/admin/settings/member.php(30): IPS\Dispatcher\_Controller->execute()
#7 /home/admin/web/XXXXXXXXXXX.com/public_html/system/Dispatcher/Dispatcher.php(153): IPS\patreonintegration\modules\admin\settings\_member->execute()
#8 /home/admin/web/XXXXXXXXXXX.com/public_html/admin/index.php(13): IPS\_Dispatcher->run()
#9 {main}

I also put the "XXXXXXXXXXX" in place of my web address. If you need that, I will PM it to you.

Hello, sorry if this question has already been answered in the support topic.

I have a membership base community using IPS but I was thinking of creating campaigns on patreon to capture new clients. I want to offer the IPS community instead of a discord chat like most people do. I want to post very little in the patreon site and redirect patreon users to my community. I want to use my community as the place where all the posts will be submitted on commented.

Does this plugin allow the patreon members to be synched with the IPS community seamlessly? That is, the same username and password can be used to log in patreon and IPS? I need to know this before even creating my own patreon either to promote my service.

Thanks a lot for creating this tool @batarjal

Edited by OptimusBain
  • 2 weeks later...

Long ago this plugin was great.. NOW it is not. I left a good review, and it wont let me change it. I have reached out to the author with no response, and have reached out to them here. If anyone uses this plugin, I urge you to stop immediately.
I have 192  Patreons but the plugin is allowing 596 people in. It is not removing most members, and some members its not allowing to get the required roles. So with that note, I am shutting my Patreon that I have had for a couple years because people have found a way to scam me, due to this plugin. IF you use this plugin, You should take a look for yourself.
My patreon:
image.png.087687b4dd91675379ae63cafdc258ab.png

My website..
image.thumb.png.fc6e78d5d2e9e907ae5deb57e40d4110.png