Patreon Integration

Further to my previous post, first thing this morning I got this alert on my site:

Locked Tasks

The following tasks appear to be locking frequently: UpdatePatreon.
Please run them manually. If you require assistance with any errors shown please contact technical support.

Maybe this is related to users' trouble connecting Patreon?

Edited by Kim Werker

The patreon redirect URL is the one shown in the ACP that has been used to create the client. It is strange that it works for some users but not for others.

If your forum is accessible from different domains you have to add the 'Connect Patreon Account' URLs for all domains (http://{SITE}/index.php?app=patreonintegration&module=system&controller=patreonconnect) comma separated in the client settings from Patreon. Same with any URL rewrites.

You could ask any user with issues what his URL shows on the Connect Patreon Account page and double check if that's the one configured in the Patreon client settings and add it if needed.

The client settings are here:
https://www.patreon.com/portal/registration/register-clients
And Client > Edit Client

Edited by batarjal

@batarjal I'll look into it, though I am also getting an error that UpdatePatreon is regularly failing (it looks like the other Patreon tasks are running just fine):

One of the routine maintenance tasks which run in the background has failed several times, which may indicate a configuration issue.

• Application/Plugin
    Patreon Integration
  • Task
    UpdatePatreon
  • Last Run
    3 hours ago

You should check the logs for any indication of the issue or attempt to run it manually. If the task does not run successfully you should contact the author of the application/plugin for further assistance.

@batarjal I'm not sure what to make of the error, but I have a bunch of these:

uncaught_exception RuntimeException (0) LOCATION_UNKNOWN
#0 /var/www/html/f285358/system/Member/Member.php(153): IPS\_Session::i()
#1 /var/www/html/f285358/system/Text/Parser.php(104): IPS\_Member::loggedIn()
#2 /var/www/html/f285358/system/Text/Parser.php(3773): IPS\Text\_Parser->__construct(false, NULL, NULL, false, true, true, NULL)
#3 /var/www/html/f285358/applications/patreonintegration/sources/Parser.php(103): IPS\Text\_Parser::parseStatic('I'm\xC2\xA0<a href="h...')
#4 /var/www/html/f285358/applications/patreonintegration/sources/Campaign.php(49): IPS\patreonintegration\_Parser->parseCampaign(Array)
#5 /var/www/html/f285358/applications/patreonintegration/sources/Campaign.php(77): IPS\patreonintegration\_Campaign::updateCampaign()
#6 /var/www/html/f285358/applications/patreonintegration/tasks/UpdatePatreon.php(16): IPS\patreonintegration\_Campaign::update()
#7 /var/www/html/f285358/system/Task/Task.php(255): IPS\patreonintegration\tasks\_UpdatePatreon->execute()
#8 /var/www/html/f285358/system/Task/Task.php(224): IPS\_Task->run()
#9 /var/www/html/f285358/applications/core/interface/task/task.php(62): IPS\_Task->runAndLog()
#10 {main}

Hi again. I have a user who's reporting the Connect Patreon Account option is not appearing on iPhone: https://drive.google.com/file/d/1UeNiA_X8jGYde2BSAQ6NZhGlQVy8wvuj/view

She's since connected using a different device, but received a confounding message on the site: https://drive.google.com/file/d/1fiFysiNy2K2q6tvaRf-gLLmSgsN1lpRC/view

First, Kim is not her name (it's mine). Second, she's for sure a Patron.

Any help ironing this out would be much appreciated. Building this site is a major part of our Patreon campaign. :) Thank you!

Hi @batarjal. Checking in to see if you have an idea of when fixes might be pushed out? I'm having to walk a lot of my members through the bugs, both when the connection doesn't work right away, and for people trying to do it on mobile who don't see the option at all. I'd really love to stick with the plugin, but if it doesn't work I'm going to have to work around it, which I'd really like to avoid.

• 4 weeks later...

Hey there @batarjal

I am facing an issue where no patrons are getting a Tier assigned to them.
I saw that there was a previous issue regarding this, but I ensured that the refresh key was correct.
I not seeing any errors related to this in the logs.

Users are also reporting seeing 

You are connected with Patreon!
You're not supporting our campaign yet! Become a patron. 

Could you help out here?

If you send me a link to your forum and a test account I can have a look.

Do you get all the campaign information and current goal in the ACP?

The message looks like the user has no active pledge on Patreon, as soon as he adds one the access rights should be assigned.

Edited by batarjal
18 hours ago, batarjal said:

If you send me a link to your forum and a test account I can have a look.

Do you get all the campaign information and current goal in the ACP?

The message looks like the user has no active pledge on Patreon, as soon as he adds one the access rights should be assigned.

I managed to find the bug.

Essentially, if you do not name your patron tiers, it will show up as blank in terms of how it views it.
This in turn makes it look like you are not pledged to a tier. I guess the logic for the "connect Patreon account" page is off, because users showed up as verified, and got the group, but it said the above error about not having a pledge.

Something else that popped up is the following:

We have Moderators who are patron pledged, but we don't want the patron groups to be their main ones.
Is the only solution to this to add them as administrators without any permissions, to circumvent the patron group override?

Edited by Kitty Davis

You could assign 'extra groups' instead of main groups, that would be for all users and not just for moderators though. Do you think an "Always use 'extra' groups for the following groups'" setting would resolve your issue? There you could add Moderators and any other group and it would use extra groups instead of the main group for those.

The nameless tier issue will be resolved in the next version.

Edited by batarjal
  • 3 weeks later...

@batarjal Thank you for replying, After looking into the system log I have found this error.

array (
  'errors' => 
  array (
    0 => 
    array (
      'code' => 1,
      'code_name' => 'Unauthorized',
      'detail' => 'The server could not verify that you are authorized to access the URL requested.  You either supplied the wrong credentials (e.g. a bad password), or your browser doesn\'t understand how to supply the credentials required.',
      'id' => 'e2e46b91-c97f-48ba-9e0c-f11a92754001',
      'status' => '401',
      'title' => 'Unauthorized',
    ),
  ),
  'url' => 'https://www.patreon.com/api/oauth2/api/campaigns/2610060/pledges?page%5Bcount%5D=100&include=patron.null,reward.null&fields%5Bpledge%5D=amount_cents&fields%5Breward%5D=amount&fields%5Buser%5D=full_name',
)

• 2 weeks later...

@batarjal

Hey there, we have a number of users with the same issue with Pending.

So far we have tried:
- running the IPB cron
- running the patreon 'update pledges' command
- having them delink/relink their account
-updating the tokens

We have multiple users who are set to pending, who gives no errors at the moment.
We have verified that the refresh token etc is valid.

Any help here would be greatly appreciated.

Hi @batarjal.

I'm starting a membership drive tomorrow (https://community.kimwerker.com), and wanted to check in about whether the speed with which a user's permissions change after they connect Patreon can be sped up? Several members have told me it takes several minutes for this to happen, which they interpret as a failed connection since it doesn't give them immediate access to to the Patreon-exclusive site features.

Also, in looking at my list of Patreon members in my AdminCP, every member is listed as status "pending", and their Tier information is not listed. Is it possible to fix this?

Thank you!